PDA

View Full Version : Mod On/Off Switch of Beresford 7510?

Edward765
29-04-2010, 08:41
I would like to be able to turn on my Beresford TC-7510 automatically when I turn on my amplifier. My amplifier has two power sockets in the back, which are supplied with power when the amp is in on, and to which the power is cut when the amp is off or in stand-my mode. So I plugged the power supply of my Beresford TC-7510 into one of these sockets. When I turn off the amplifier using the remote control (i.e. switch to stand-by mode), the power is cut to the 7510 and it turns off. So far so good. The problem arises when I want to switch everything on using the remote control: the amplifier goes on and power is supplied to the 7510; however the 7510 doesn't turn on automatically and I have to press the power button on the 7510 in order to turn it on. Essentially, the 7510 "forgets" that it was on when the power was cut or, in other words, when power is restored, the 7510 is automatically in off mode.

Is there any way to mod the 7510 so that it "remembers" that it was on before power was cut? Or mod it so that it automatically turns on when power is restored? Of course I could simply plug the 7510 into a normal power socket and leave it on all the time, but I really don't want to waste energy if I don't have to.

Thanks for any feedback.

Edward

Rare Bird
29-04-2010, 08:58
Is it a vintage amp with Power switching then (2 pin flat blades) ? Thats right your remote wont work like this

Edward765
05-05-2010, 12:29
Thanks for the reply.

It's not vintage. It's a new ONKYO A-9155 (and before everyone rolls their eyes, this is my bedroom system). My set-up is Mac Mini sending Apple Lossless Files to Airport Express with its mini-Toslink out to optical in of Beresford and RCA interconnects to A-9155. Speakers are JBL Control Ones.

I'm not sure what you mean by Power switching.

Anyway, due to the problem I described above, I now have it set up so that Beresford is always on, which I don't like, but can live with.