PDA

View Full Version : Project Carbon Turntable in Blue

Oddball
10-01-2019, 13:04
I am finally getting around to selling the Project Debut Carbon I purchased new about 2 years ago.
It has been used for a maximum of possibly 40-50 hrs , and maybe less . It comes with the Ortofon Red cart ,and is quite minty !
I see they are £350 now new ,so I would like to ask £150 ,NO offers please
( I have 100% of the original packaging ,and am conversant with what needs protection ), and you organise your own courier , or I can meet up near the M6 corridor , if needs be , just ask me for details and we can work summat out :) . Dont mind if you get an AOS member closer to me either if it helps you to deliver it on ,and 100% safeguard it !

https://i.imgur.com/DJCDLEUh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JCvuV8Th.jpg

I cant take a picture of the stylus close up , (I cant get my usb microscope to work properly ) but its in top order !! :)

The reason I didnt stick with it , is because I am a headshell addict and my collection of old carts and headshells gets passed around the vintage Japanese TT's I have ,and that is what keeps me happy . Whereas ,despite the Carbon sounding super and quiet , I dont like the fact I cant easily swap the cart out ,when the mood takes !:mental:

A nice starter table for anyone wanting a newer TT ,and all it really needs possibly is an Ortofon Blue cart to make it look the bees knees :eyebrows:

PS the home made Bib record cleaning arm and the leg off my aunties chair is not included , or the DIY weight I made that was put on there to take the picture , or the Dalek !!;)

mikeyb
10-01-2019, 13:17
That looks a great buy for someone wanting to start out with vinyl.

walpurgis
10-01-2019, 13:53
There appears to be a Dalek using it at the moment. Will he mind? :)

Ian7633
10-01-2019, 14:04
There appears to be a Dalek using it at the moment. Will he mind? :)

He's a good Dalek though Geoff, he's a bass player. I've had one of these decks and they are very good, this is a real bargain for someone. GLWS Anto.

Haselsh1
10-01-2019, 15:24
Wow, a Squire bass playing Dalek. Bloody brilliant. All the best with the sale. With the current vinyl playing rush it must surely sell..?

Oddball
10-01-2019, 16:07
Wow, a Squire bass playing Dalek. Bloody brilliant. All the best with the sale. With the current vinyl playing rush it must surely sell..?

Probably too cheap , but thats what I thought !! The bass ,I have to admit ,came from my nephew ,who was going to throw it out :scratch:
The dalek has struggled to find the right notes ,until the Doctor came round and adjusted his plunger , last week!
She said it got right into her U bend

jandl100
10-01-2019, 16:34
These are surprisingly good.
I did a review a few years ago. https://hifipig.com/pro-ject-debut-carbon/

GLWS - nice price!

struth
10-01-2019, 16:39
had one with a speedbox. good little decks.

Oddball
10-01-2019, 21:28
Just for people that want to know the dimensions of the box - 40 x 25 x 50 and 8 kgs in weight !!
I am not that keen on sending it via courier really ,but will if thats what it takes to sell !! I had thought of double boxing it to be 100 % safe , but thats up to the buyer (if they really want me too!!)
It might just mean the dimensions get a tad larger !!

Work on the actual box it came to me in and any different in requirements ,let me know !
Thanks

Oddball
14-01-2019, 10:07
Sold , subject to payment and collection :eek: