PDA

View Full Version : FS: Audioromy M-10L Vacuum Tube Preamp MM input

Pepperamip
07-01-2019, 16:33
I asked about this preamp on here a couple of weeks ago and got no feedback but I believe that was only because it's such a new product.

I took a risk and bought it and unfortunately for me it just doesn't fit well with my sensitive speakers and just the fact I have got so used to a passive preamp presentation.

It has 3 line inputs and the MM stage too (I have no idea how this performs) It has 2 selectable outputs, RCA and balanced XLR.

It's in as new condition and full working order with Russian tubes replacing the cheap chinese stock ones included (which will also be supplied to the buyer if they wish to compare)

If anyones interested I'd be more than happy for you to audition with any equipment you wish to bring. I'll even make you a tea/coffee/beer while you mull over the virtues of it.

I'm in in South Darenth nr Dartford in Kent (DA4 9LQ) I could even deliver within 30 miles of this postcode to avoid damage in the post which I would stongly prefer not to do (it weighs 11kg so would not be cheap to post)

Just want what I paid for it £375 including new and old tubes.

Spectral Morn
07-01-2019, 16:45
Hardly run in, though sensitivity isn't effected by that, but presentation is. Maybe try it for longer and the sensitivity can be adjusted with Rothwell devices if the improvements satisfys you. If not flog it.

Pepperamip
07-01-2019, 16:59
I know what you are saying Neil, I've had it on and playing for 40/50 hours so far and although friends and family think it sounds amazing it just doesn't suit my taste. I thought I'd be the other way round with passive and active pre's but this really has confirmed I'm a passive pre man and I doubt I'll ever go back after this one.

hifinutt
07-01-2019, 19:57
so how would you describe its presentation ? is it warmer than you like with the passive transparency ?

Pepperamip
07-01-2019, 20:49
Yeah its warmer but not woolly in the slightest or rolled off in the top end in any way. I cant put my finger on it but just allows the vocals to take centre stage and Im not used to it and its not my preference. Im pretty sure many would say its a upgrade but its just not for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hifinutt
07-01-2019, 21:01
It looks nicely made, might be worth a link to the website so folks can find out more. How did you come to find out about it?

Spectral Morn
08-01-2019, 11:57
I know what you are saying Neil, I've had it on and playing for 40/50 hours so far and although friends and family think it sounds amazing it just doesn't suit my taste. I thought I'd be the other way round with passive and active pre's but this really has confirmed I'm a passive pre man and I doubt I'll ever go back after this one.

Give it another 50 hours and make your decision then. Some kit needs up to 100 hours. I have had that issue in the past and had to reconsider an opinion after 100 hours.

struth
08-01-2019, 12:15
had an audioromy amp once. sounded very good i have to say.

Pepperamip
04-02-2019, 07:52
Now sold......

Having a khozmo'd bte designs preamp made up. I hope it sounds as good as the DCB1 boys make out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk