PDA

View Full Version : Wtd: Plinth for Technics SP-10 MKII

Idlewithnodrive
30-12-2018, 16:09
OK, I'm back looking for a plinth for my SP-10 as it transpires that, unfortunately, Angus is no longer able to make me one as arranged.

So, new or used is fine, must be able to accommodate a Rega geometry arm (I have an OL Silver arm) and ideally have a replaceable armboard, just in case :)

Anybody have anything ?

Bigman80
30-12-2018, 17:35
OK, I'm back looking for a plinth for my SP-10 as it transpires that, unfortunately, Angus is no longer able to make me one as arranged.

So, new or used is fine, must be able to accommodate a Rega geometry arm (I have an OL Silver arm) and ideally have a replaceable armboard, just in case :)

Anybody have anything ?Oh, lack of Panzerholtz?

Look here:

https://www.acoustand.co.uk/products/acoustand-technics-sp10-mk2-mk3-plinth-system-2

Idlewithnodrive
30-12-2018, 17:38
Oh, lack of Panzerholtz?

Look here:

https://www.acoustand.co.uk/products/acoustand-technics-sp10-mk2-mk3-plinth-system-2

No, he won't be taking on any new work in the near future. Very disappointing, as I'd already waited a good few weeks to receive a drawing / quote etc.

Bigman80
30-12-2018, 18:03
No, he won't be taking on any new work in the near future. Very disappointing, as I'd already waited a good few weeks to receive a drawing / quote etc.That's a shame. He's not been well for a few weeks with a reoccurring chest infection and I know he's been inundated with enquiries. He's a retired guy so I don't blame him for taking a bit of the work off.

I'll keep my eyes open for a plinth.

What may be worth doing is going for a slate plinth. Any reputable company will have the machinery to follow the diagram which is easily found online.

Idlewithnodrive
30-12-2018, 18:14
That's a shame. He's not been well for a few weeks with a reoccurring chest infection and I know he's been inundated with enquiries. He's a retired guy so I don't blame him for taking a bit of the work off.

Yes, I entirely agree.

All the same, it would have been nice to have been told earlier, as I'm now a month further in, with no plinth on the horizon.

Still, we are where we are.

Not a great fan of slate.

RobbieGong
30-12-2018, 18:22
That's a shame. He's not been well for a few weeks with a reoccurring chest infection and I know he's been inundated with enquiries. He's a retired guy so I don't blame him for taking a bit of the work off.

I'll keep my eyes open for a plinth.

What may be worth doing is going for a slate plinth. Any reputable company will have the machinery to follow the diagram which is easily found online.

Very true, He's sought all over and has been for many years so can have a lot to get through at times.

Have had plenty of dealings with him, he's more than a tech / engineer in the sense that I regard him as a mate too.

He's had to battle chest infections which can be a bit debilitating, medications can come with side effects sometimes which is another challenge if you know what I mean.

Either way, Slate is indeed an option but like you I've never been drawn to it.

Personally It'd have to be Panzer' or another 'good' wood.

A bespoke Ebony plinth, for instance would probably cost a bomb though.

All the best with it - SP10 does deserve a plinth that will compliment and bring out the best of it's exceptional qualities :)

Bigman80
30-12-2018, 18:58
Yes, I entirely agree.

All the same, it would have been nice to have been told earlier, as I'm now a month further in, with no plinth on the horizon.

Still, we are where we are.

Not a great fan of slate.I can't speak for the man but as someone who has been a customer of his for some time, I can only report first class service. I can only imagine there's a good reason, as there is usually.

I understand the frustration too. It's impossible not to be frustrated when you have one of the best DD turntables sitting there unused.

Corian? Massy plinth? A guy on eBay does concrete plinths which I quite liked.

Colin2040
30-12-2018, 19:30
Northwest analogue do various slates , you could see if there is a coriander manufacturer as that would make a good plinth?

Colin

Colin2040
30-12-2018, 19:31
Although coriander may make a pleasant smelling plinth I did mean Corian.

Colin2040
30-12-2018, 19:36
Another thought was Carl Ellis ,I think it’s Ellis, made lenco plinths so don’t know if he would be worth speaking to he’s on Lencoheaven forum.

Bigman80
30-12-2018, 19:49
Although coriander may make a pleasant smelling plinth I did mean Corian.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Idlewithnodrive
30-12-2018, 20:04
Another thought was Carl Ellis ,I think it’s Ellis, made lenco plinths so don’t know if he would be worth speaking to he’s on Lencoheaven forum.

Thanks for your input Colin.

Yes, I did have Carl make a plinth for my Lenco a fair few years back. Will look into it.

Must admit though, I quite like the idea of Coriander :)

karma67
30-12-2018, 21:18
id also look into using HI MACS, i use an arm board in it and its very similar to panzerholz.

itskeith
30-12-2018, 21:47
Have had several things off Angus in the past. He's a top guy and his work is second to none.

Understand your disappointment though.

Had also heard he's not been well. So let's give him some time off, so he'll get better soon (and so we also get our goodies soon :-)

mac72
31-12-2018, 05:52
What a shame, need to look for DD turntable elsewhere,
I hope Angus will get better

Colin2040
31-12-2018, 09:22
https://oswaldsmillaudio.com

I know slate wasnt a preferred but it’s another option .

Idlewithnodrive
31-12-2018, 21:41
Sorted, for now, thanks.

Bigman80
31-12-2018, 22:00
Sorted, for now, thanks.What you gone for?

RobbieGong
31-12-2018, 22:52
What you gone for?

Ditto ?

Idlewithnodrive
31-12-2018, 23:06
The dreaded slate, until I can get a Panzer one built.

Happy New Year chaps !

Bigman80
31-12-2018, 23:27

Happy New Year chaps !Ah, may not be dreaded when you get it.

Happy new year.

RobbieGong
31-12-2018, 23:42

Happy New Year chaps !

Obviously up to you Mike....

My journey was very long and I learned a heck of a lot along the way.

If you want Panzer then wait for Panzer, dont do things twice, spend, setting up etc.

and trust me, during that journey there were times ( more than a few times) when my system was down for absolutely yonks with one thing or the other so I'm speaking from experince regards patience

In a great place now and have almost forgotten the pain but yeah......

Idlewithnodrive
01-01-2019, 10:10
I'm at the an SP-10 is better than no SP-10 stage :)

mac72
04-01-2019, 15:41
Where from did you buy your plinth?

Idlewithnodrive
04-01-2019, 16:58
Used, off the forum