PDA

View Full Version : WTD: Mains selector socket/plug for Pioneer hifi 79/81

vintagesteve
29-12-2018, 14:16
I'm looking for the mains selector plug and socket assembly for a Pioneer TX-9800 tuner. However, the same selector was used on various Pioneer hifi units in the period 1979 to 81, and maybe outside of that period too. The one I have is missing the internal metal threaded part into which the fuse carrier screws. Lord know how that got removed/lost, but it is. So the fuse will not stay 'home' unless taped down over the back of the assembly. Plus someone has removed one of the socket connection pins anyway. I need a replacement basically.

I do have a similar one from an earlier generation Pioneer tuner but on that one the action of the selector is simply to connect the centre (fused input) to one of the various tappings as the transformer is a simple 'all in a line', tapped type. The TX-9800 mains transformer has two separate 110/120v sections and so the selector block is doing a different job and is constructed to do so the way it is linked within the moulding. So, it needs to be the exact replacement for that reason. See photos that show different views, with/without the selector block in place. I don't mind buying a complete Pioneer hifi unit that may be in bad condition, not working etc.