PDA

View Full Version : Katie Melua Ultimate collection

Jimbo
08-12-2018, 21:27
Katie Melua has just released her Ultimate collection album and I know she maybe not everyones cup of tea but she has written some good stuff and if you are a fan this album is a must as it contains 5 tracks off Call off the Search which has been available only on Discogs on vinyl for about £400!

It is a double album and contains 26 tracks including some new covers and a beautiful rendition of Fields of Gold. I know a lot of new vinyl nowadays can be poor but this is the most perfect new pressing I have ever bought with zero faults and no clicks or pops at all. Total silent background and no groove noise, so it can be done.

It is not audiophile quality but none the less very good with a superb selection from her musical archive. The are no fillers on this record. I would give most of her production quality a B* but there are one or two A.

A nice Christmas snooze album for those of you who like her.

At £20 this double vinyl album is very good value for money.

brian2957
08-12-2018, 21:59
Got mine in the other day James so thanks for the heads up . I've been away for a few days and came back yesterday to some decorating . Looks like a very nice package and I'll have a listen when I get a chance :)

Ninanina
08-12-2018, 22:36
Katie Melua has just released her Ultimate collection album and I know she maybe not everyones cup of tea but she has written some good stuff and if you are a fan this album is a must as it contains 5 tracks off Call off the Search which has been available only on Discogs on vinyl for about £400!

Not got that Jimbo but just finished listening to The House by Katie... love it...;)

Just ordered the "Ultimate Collection"... thanks Jimbo..

Ninanina
09-12-2018, 01:02
As I've just ordered the "Ultimate Collection" I've had the AutoRip from Amazon and just burned it to cd and it's just super...

Jimbo
09-12-2018, 13:27
Just spent the weekend listening to the album on vinyl Bev and it is very good indeed, nice one for Christmas and must admit she has picked some excellent tracks for this double album.

Barry
09-12-2018, 17:10
I have a few of Kate Melua's records - my favourite being 'Piece by Piece'. Not sure if I need a collection of her work, but agree £20 for a double LP is good value for money.

Jimbo
09-12-2018, 18:23
I have a few of Kate Melua's records - my favourite being 'Piece by Piece'. Not sure if I need a collection of her work, but agree £20 for a double LP is good value for money.

Listening just now Barry and it has quite a number of unreleased tracks which are crackers. Definitely worth getting hold of for £20 and on vinyl it gets a big:thumbsup: for production and mastering quality and I am hard to please

karma67
09-12-2018, 19:00
im in,well recorded and a lovely voice,i have 2 of her albums.