PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from North London

Pool Hall Richard
28-05-2008, 12:53
Nice to see you, nice!!!

Well, me? Music taste wise it’s a big one. Everything from Clapton, Zepp, F.Mac, Beatles, Stones, Black Crowes, Faces, Floyd, Traffic, Pixies, Stranglers, Dylan, Neil Young, Maiden, Motorhead, Joni, Sandy, Quo, Gaye, Wonder, Alex Harvey, The Fall, Ronnie Lane, Skynyrd, Allmans…………….in fact, pretty much anything that’s good.

Music system wise i'm lacking at the mo. I've started collecting vinyl again (first time in 15 years,) but I don't as yet have a turntable or system. Just my old CD player and MP3's thru the PC. That I hope to change very soon so will be looking for some advice.

Nice to be here!!!:)

Filterlab
28-05-2008, 12:58
Welcome Richard, you have come to a great place for advice on how to get your music singing again. :)

Marco
28-05-2008, 12:59
Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum :)

Your musical tastes will align nicely with some of our members here!

When you're ready for some advice on buying a 'proper' system just let us know, although it might be a good idea thrash out your thoughts on the matter now just to see how the land lies :smoking:

Can I ask how you found us?

Marco.

Pool Hall Richard
28-05-2008, 13:38
Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum :)

Your musical tastes will align nicely with some of our members here!

When you're ready for some advice on buying a 'proper' system just let us know, although it might be a good idea thrash out your thoughts on the matter now just to see how the land lies :smoking:

Can I ask how you found us?

Marco.

Thanks, a friend of mine was having a look at the site the other day and tipped me off. Looks pretty good.

I'm so unsure on turntables. I used to have a standard hifi with turntable. Sounded great to me. I wouldn't call myself an audiophile. I guess i'm a bit unsure about getting separates and the like. A decent turntable, not too expensive linked to decent hi-fi should work wonders for me. Where's the best place to look around here for suggestions????

Marco
28-05-2008, 13:47
Hi Richard,

Post a thread in the 'Analogue Art' section of the forum, detailing your available budget for a T/T, arm and cartridge, what sort of sound you like, and also a budget for the rest of the system, particularly speakers. You could also let us know the approximate size of your room.

I will come back to you later with some recommendations, and I'm sure others will offer their advice, too :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it here.

Marco.

BajaGringo
28-05-2008, 16:47
Welcome Richard - we are all in some state/level of audio growth and always "upgrading" on some level in our gear, accessories or "significant other" with whom we share the couch while enjoying our music. I have been into this addiction for thirty years and continue to learn something new every day.

Fancy a game of snooker?

:smoking: