PDA

View Full Version : F.A.O. Almandog

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
24-04-2010, 13:26
Hi Mando

Your personal settings don't allow anyone to contact you, so I can't reply to you PM.
Please find my reply to your PM below. Hope it helps.

Most sorry for the late reply, had a long day at work yesterday 14Hrs and been out with the dogs this morning, 3 hrs with 2 manic Labradors. Check the Photo Gallery later and will have some pics posted.

You are correct I currently own the Modwright and have previously owned the Audio Valve Sunilda.

As for the Sunilda I absolutely loved the flexibility of the phono stage, in so much as it's fantastic adjustments for Cartridge Impedance and Capacitance. The phono stage is actually quite simple and benefits from this. The sound is very good. No frequency roll off at any point, tight controlled bass and open and details mids and highs. All this without being too analytical. Just a very good phono stage. A most very musical and enjoyable unit. Remember it is actually 2 phono stages in one, a nice touch is the off board power supply.
The only reason I sold it was I no longer used two arms on my TT. I also had the chance of the Modwright which I have listened to previously and maybe also just fancied a change.

As for the Modwright, you know it's strengths, the next option for me is to try different valves. If you call Keith at Angelsound Audio he will give you some advise on this and the Valve Rectifier is the one to change first.

I do prefer the Modwright, but if you fancy a change and I had your choice the Sunilda would be top of my list.

Hope that helps, please feel free to ask any questions I will try and answer as best I can.
Let me know how you get on.

Take Care,

Andy