PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Clarke & Smith 12 Watt Mono Amp

Plusone72
22-11-2018, 18:57
Hello,

Would any one on here be interested in this as a project, Clarke & Smith Amplifier. Was working fine when last used around 1995. I sadly don't have a valve tester, but I have tried the valves in one of my record players and they all work.The valves are all Mullard, One ECC83, One EZ80 and two ECL82. The ECC83 printed on the side 163-B5H2 if that helps.

Might make a nice winter project, for someone using the valves and transformers to build an push pull amp to their tastes.

Would £50 be an ok price ? and sadly I would need this picking up from me, no postage. Might be able to get a friend to drop it off in the South Yorkshire for the cost of fuel.

Regards,

Martin.

Barry
22-11-2018, 21:02
Clarke and Smith made the well regarded EL84 push-pull integrated 'Stereosonic' amplifier for EMI/HMV. The build quality from Clarke & Smith was always very high.

GLWS

Natara
23-11-2018, 06:32
Would have snapped this up but sadly im down in Brighton. So unless any member is travelling down here from your part of the world to mine then I'll have to pass.

Plusone72
01-12-2018, 21:22
Thank you for the information Barry :)

Maybe a member might do this for you Natara, but not sure which section you should ask.

speedracer
01-12-2018, 22:03
I should be travelling up to Sheffield before Christmas & have a few mates in the Brighton/Lancing area, so if that helps I am happy to do it.

Plusone72
08-12-2018, 13:00
Thank you for the kind offer Brook, but sadly he's not been in touch.

Found some more valves, will test and list with a price later. Might make it more worth while for someone to call, if more items are available.

Martin.