PDA

View Full Version : Liars!

Rare Bird
21-04-2010, 13:11
What makes a liar a liar? I know a certain auction site is like a breeding ground for em, but joking aside why do liars lie?

I understand that it's pretty much harmless to tell a tiny white lie in say a job interview situation but some people just constantly lie from their back teeth..It's always puzzled me.It's deffinatly a form of gutlessness.. I'd like to hear others views & experiences with these people.

:lolsign:

ps: There's a word in the English Dictionary for a person who lies that much about something he even convinces himself it's the truth, anyone know the word?

The Vinyl Adventure
21-04-2010, 14:35
fool?

Dave Hewitt
21-04-2010, 14:46
Hi,would it be mp
dave

snapper
21-04-2010, 14:47
ps: There's a word in the English Dictionary for a person who lies that much about something he even convinces himself it's the truth, anyone know the word?

The President of The U.S.A.?

As written and sung by John Martyn.

Glorious Fool

Out of the west came a glorious fool
He tried to impress me with furious cool
He lied but inside
I knew just what he was trying.

He lied to his mother
And lied to the rest
He lied to his brother
Who loved him the best
He lied to himself
I believe that he lied to my children.

They say that half the lies he tells you are not true
They say that half the lies he tells you are not true
Half the lies he tells you are not true
You know that half the lies he tells you are not true.

You've come the white house
You walked through the white door
And come to the white building
Sleep on the white house floor.

You've come to the wrong people
Come to the wrong floor, yeah
Knocked on the wrong window
Come through the wrong door, he.

Watching a person
Watching him leave
Watching a Christian
Watching a thief
You can watch what you want, when you will
But you can't watch a liar.

Even lied to your children.

Joe
21-04-2010, 16:39
The biblical injunction is against 'bearing false witness' ie perjury, rather than lying. Lies are often more interesting and amusing than the boring old truth, and are actually essential to keep society functioning.

8hGvQtumNAY

Haselsh1
21-04-2010, 17:20
It is a form of Antisocial Personality Disorder

Ali Tait
21-04-2010, 17:32
Wish fulfilment for some people.

Rare Bird
21-04-2010, 17:32
It is a form of Antisocial Personality Disorder

As in maybe a person lying their way through a conversation they may start for conversations sake?

REM
21-04-2010, 18:53
Hi,would it be mp
dave

Gosh, are you calling Mick Parry a liar, I see litigation looming....:lol:

goraman
23-04-2010, 00:38
I once worked for a women who was both trecherus and evil,In her rapid rise to director she sleeped with those who could advance her career.She made horrably stupid decitions and forced those under her to follow her direction then when things went wrong she would lie and blame others for her stupidity.Once a director others at cabnet level began to see through her,She was the only Director to ever be demoted.
I used to wright down her every conversation with me and who was in the room and the exact time it took place.
When she directed me to do something then claimed she told me something else I removed my little book from my back pocket in front of several people and begain reading her exact words back to her,named 3 people that where close enough to hear her and gave her the exact time of her conversation with me.
You could have put a whole orange in her mouth,She just stood there gapeing.I turned and walked away and she left me alone after that.Not bad for a stupid custodian Huh?
I hate liers and belive it is most often the sighn of much darker behaviors.

Themis
23-04-2010, 09:41
A mythomaniac.

Rare Bird
23-04-2010, 10:01
A mythomaniac.

& the Magnum of Champagne goes to our own Dimitri ;)

Alex_UK
23-04-2010, 14:31
...who doesn't even have English as a 1st or 2nd language! :eek:

:respect:

Themis
23-04-2010, 20:06
:lol: (it's a greek word, that is... :o)

Alex_UK
23-04-2010, 21:03
Yes, but you knew it was also an English word... :fingers:

Puffin
28-04-2010, 17:13
I think that these people have personality disorders which makes them want to impress other people with lies, rather than being seen to be something they wish they weren't. I have seen several "Walter Mitty" types over the years and sadly the joke is always on them in the end. They are always seen for what they are.