PDA

View Full Version : Dual 504 Turntable

mikegreenwood
07-11-2018, 13:36
Had this passed onto me and not being a Dual man have decided to move it on.
Only tested it running but told it was working fine when last used. Has what appears to be an AT 95 cart mounted that looks clean and sharp under a magnifying glass.
Crack in rear of lid, but hidden in use and not too difficult to repair. Lid has mark's consistent with age.Has had phonos repaired so could do with new ones in time. Drive belt ok but would benifit from a new one. ( £8) I understand. Complete with original instruction manual. all functions seem to work including end of play lift of arm.
Pick up NE/UK. or meet up to 20 miles or so for fuel costs.
Priced to sell at £65.

mikegreenwood
08-11-2018, 11:27
Just tried another belt from a Sondek and it’s up to speed in a second so new belt would help. Lid looks better from a polish but could be improved.May look at the phono’s but they do function ok. Oiled the bearing.
Bump.

sumday
08-11-2018, 17:46
Touched on this before but the buyer could restore your lid with auto TCut followed by Turtlewax polish.
I restored a pretty bashed up Dual 1229 cover a few years ago and the above really do a great job.

To be fair the first application of TCut's grinding can be disconcerting mind...

mikegreenwood
09-11-2018, 12:33
Update, now fitted better phono’s, ran some araldite into the damaged lid and hooked up. Plays just fine and sounds at the very least respectable, so cart must be fine. Will give the lid another go. Same price! Good starter deck or fully working donor for Dual enthusiast.

mikegreenwood
12-11-2018, 13:54
Bump.

mikegreenwood
28-11-2018, 11:54
SOLD......