PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A!

ThresholdSpectralLover
16-04-2010, 06:02
Hi All.

Call me Dave. I just thought that I would say Hi, so Hi! I've been doing the two channel thing for ages, and now I build my own speakers.

I found a great deal on a brand new Technics SL-1210M5G TT. I am using a Sumiko BP Evo-3 Cart, and I'm THRILLED with the sound. I will start another thread on my questions about KAB, and other companies upgrades. Such an addicting hobby! LOL
I like Acoustic Jazz, Rock, Pop, especially female voice such as Carrie Underwood, Mandy Moore, and Kelly Clarkson - Just about everything.

:)Lots of info here, and I'm glad to be a part of it all.:)

Oh......and I love: :cool:;)

The Grand Wazoo
16-04-2010, 06:31
Hi Dave,
Welcome to the Art of Sound.
Do you use Threshold & Spectral gear with your TT or is that an aspiration?
If you could let us know the full details of your system, we'd love to hear them. Photos in the Gallery area is what we love.

Cheers

ThresholdSpectralLover
16-04-2010, 07:20
Thanks Chris!

This is kind of long, because the speakers are DIY, and I have to explain them also. I am using a Philips C.D. 80 W/Isodrive, Threshold Dac 1-E, Technics SL1210-M5G with Sumiko B.P. Evo-3 Cart. (Stock so far) in to the Spectral DMC-6 Pre. Three Threshold S-300's Tri-amped with Behringer Ultradrive to DIY speakers: Behind me, on each side @ 5 feet away, are 2 - 6.5 cu ft. Sono- subs with 2 peerless 260 SWR's in each, in Push Pull con-figuration.

In front of me on each side @ 13 Ft. is a VERY Reinforced Fisher XP-7 box (1.6 CU FT.) with 2 Eton 8" 8-480's in each, with a tunable aperiodic vent. On top of those is a DIY 3 way with 2-Cheap MCM 4.25" mids and a Dynaudio D-28-2 in MTM array. On top of that is a Dyne D-21AF. (this really breaks with recommended design theory, having the supertweeter about 9 inches away from the center D-28.) The subs will be crossed at about 60 HZ, but aren't hooked up yet. The front speakers are crossed @ 500, 2,500, & 5K. I hope it all makes sense! LOL I'll post some pics soon.

The Grand Wazoo
16-04-2010, 07:38
LOL I'll post some pics soon.

Aaaah yes........I think we'd have to see some pictures of that!
It sounds very interesting

Spectral Morn
16-04-2010, 08:55
Hi Dave

Welcome to AOS

Regards D S D L

John
16-04-2010, 15:05
welcome I look forward to the pics
Marco has loads of experience of KAB mods and everything else related to the 1210 and loads of others with plenty of experience

Ali Tait
16-04-2010, 16:48
Pictures please! Welcome BTW.We like DIY.:)

Alex_UK
16-04-2010, 19:11
:worthless:

Oh, and welcome to the forum! ;)

ThresholdSpectralLover
17-04-2010, 08:08
Thanks everybody. I'm going to start another thread with pics of my speakers. Everything else is in the process of being moved around. I'll take pics of all of it after it is installed again. If I post the speaker pics here, it will wind up being a speaker design thread.

For now, here is an old pic of my front end stuff:

On top is a M-Audio Firewire 410 to put vinyl on to digital. It is hooked to my computer with a 10 meter fire-wire cord. Below that is the Spectral DMC-6 Gamma Preamp. Next down is an Audio Control Richter Scale, (No longer in use) Then comes the Threshold Dac-1E, on the bottom is the Philips CD-80.

"Hope This Helps" LOL
:)

Barry
18-04-2010, 09:58
Thanks Chris!

This is kind of long, because the speakers are DIY, and I have to explain them also. I am using a Philips C.D. 80 W/Isodrive, Threshold Dac 1-E, Technics SL1210-M5G with Sumiko B.P. Evo-3 Cart. (Stock so far) in to the Spectral DMC-6 Pre. Three Threshold S-300's Tri-amped with Behringer Ultradrive to DIY speakers: Behind me, on each side @ 5 feet away, are 2 - 6.5 cu ft. Sono- subs with 2 peerless 260 SWR's in each, in Push Pull con-figuration.

In front of me on each side @ 13 Ft. is a VERY Reinforced Fisher XP-7 box (1.6 CU FT.) with 2 Eton 8" 8-480's in each, with a tunable aperiodic vent. On top of those is a DIY 3 way with 2-Cheap MCM 4.25" mids and a Dynaudio D-28-2 in MTM array. On top of that is a Dyne D-21AF. (this really breaks with recommended design theory, having the supertweeter about 9 inches away from the center D-28.) The subs will be crossed at about 60 HZ, but aren't hooked up yet. The front speakers are crossed @ 500, 2,500, & 5K. I hope it all makes sense! LOL I'll post some pics soon.

Welcome to AoS Dave

Tri - amplification using Threshold power amps? That sounds interesting; I don't think there are many members here using a tri - amped system. Looking forward to seeing the photographs.

Enjoy the forum.

Regards