PDA

View Full Version : Fleetwood Mac

Haselsh1
14-10-2018, 06:51
According to the BBC website this morning, Lindsey Buckingham is in the process of suing Fleetwood Mac over his dismissal from the band. What the hell next..?

AJSki2fly
14-10-2018, 08:15
According to the BBC website this morning, Lindsey Buckingham is in the process of suing Fleetwood Mac over his dismissal from the band. What the hell next..?

Nothing new, lots of groups have had similar issues, usually where one or two have controlling interest and gang up on one and oust them to their betterment.

dantheman91
14-10-2018, 10:10
Big payout....

Lawrence001
14-10-2018, 10:12
When a group makes that much money it ceases to be a band and becomes a business.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Haselsh1
14-10-2018, 10:30
Yeah I guess it is all about money again but what of musicianship..? I remember hearing of similar things with Status Quo and Pink Floyd.

Sherwood
14-10-2018, 10:30
When a group makes that much money it ceases to be a band and becomes a business.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Way past a business: a global corporation!

Sherwood
14-10-2018, 10:38
I am a big fan of FM, especially the years with Peter Green. Although I also like the later iteration with LB and SN, I was struck recently by how much they hijacked the FM sound. Listening to the Buckingham Nicks LP the other day, reminded me that this could have been released as an FM album without difficulty. OK, maybe the need for a bit more oomph in the rhythm section.

What chances that FM go back to their roots and deliver an authentic blues album now that they have dumped the narcissistic LB?

Geoff

Stratmangler
14-10-2018, 11:13
What chances that FM go back to their roots and deliver an authentic blues album now that they have dumped the narcissistic LB?

I wouldn't thank them for the moribund dirges they churned out by the bucketful.
The best Fleetwood Mac album from the early days was the Greatest Hits compilation of the early 70s.

https://i.postimg.cc/sXTs2TND/Folder.jpg

Macca
14-10-2018, 11:57
They've all got so much money that it seems to me to be unlikely to be about the money. In any case they have hired two guitarists to replace him on the tour, what's that cost them?

I think he has always pissed off the rest of the band because he does come across as a bit of a dick even if he is an accomplished musician. I've got one of his solo albums and it is dire so I doubt he contributed much to the FM song writing.

I read that they kicked him out because he pissed off Stevie Nicks at some awards ceremony. That seems more likely to me.

Sherwood
14-10-2018, 12:01
They've all got so much money that it seems to me to be unlikely to be about the money. In any case they have hired two guitarists to replace him on the tour, what's that cost them?

I think he has always pissed off the rest of the band because he does come across as a bit of a dick even if he is an accomplished musician. I've got one of his solo albums and it is dire so I doubt he contributed much to the FM song writing.

I read that they kicked him out because he pissed off Stevie Nicks at some awards ceremony. That seems more likely to me.

He smirked! He always was a smirker! :)

Macca
14-10-2018, 12:09
Well there you go then. 15 million dollars - an expensive smirk!

Moral of the story: don't piss off Stevie Nicks.