PDA

View Full Version : Hmm the beresford modded 7510 as a preamp

daveyboy
13-04-2010, 19:55
Well I went into it feeling skeptical, took the jumpers out of my NAD C352, using it as the power amp. The slightly subdued rhythms of the midrange are suddenly much more upfront, and yes the vocals are clearer and although the bass is not as obvious, i am thinking perhaps this is the way it should be? when there is a sudden transient swing, there is a lot of kick. I didn't really expect this, I thought i would want to switch back instantly but once I had adjusted the volume to a decent degree, the energy of the tracks shines through.

Have i just made myself a free upgrade :gig:

Stratmangler
13-04-2010, 20:33
I prefer to run my Caiman directly into the power stage of my C320BEE.;)

daveyboy
13-04-2010, 21:07
Ah another nad owner :)

Stratmangler
13-04-2010, 21:10
Good power amps.:eyebrows:

Butuz
13-04-2010, 21:31
Just got a 7520 and using it as a pre amp straight into my Arcam P75 (was using a home made passive pre before that, i.e just some cables and connectors and a selector and a pot).

The 7520 is a big improvement. I'm just going through CD's now with my cheapy beyerdynamic DT231s and wow. It's even given my crappy old Heybrooks a new lease of life especially in the treble department!!!!

Beresford = great pre amps!!!!!!!

Butuz

daveyboy
13-04-2010, 21:39
Well I would hope it is a big improvement on a home made one lol but seriously I only tried it out of curiosity thinking to myself well the pre amp must have a big impact on the sound. I was half expecting to say to myself oh well it's still a good cheap buy and a good dac but not a good pre amp.

To think I was looking for a new integrated amp, but this has given me very audible improvements. So another sceptical viewpoint dead and buried :lol:

Codifus
26-04-2010, 13:36
Well I would hope it is a big improvement on a home made one lol but seriously I only tried it out of curiosity thinking to myself well the pre amp must have a big impact on the sound. I was half expecting to say to myself oh well it's still a good cheap buy and a good dac but not a good pre amp.

To think I was looking for a new integrated amp, but this has given me very audible improvements. So another sceptical viewpoint dead and buried :lol:

I did the same thing when I had my 7520 connected to my Yamaha integrated;

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3767&highlight=headless

The revelation made me hungry for more power which I got taken care of with a Behringer EP2000:)