PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool 2

hifi_dave
01-10-2018, 16:45
Just returned from two weeks in 92f Florida and really feeling the cold here.

Anyway up - on the plane out I watched Deadpool 2. Not my usual fare but I thought I'd give it a go. Of course lots and lots of action but I must say that this is the funniest film I have ever seen. So funny, I watched it twice on the return journey and saw things the third time round I'd missed the first. Absolutely hilarious.

brian2957
01-10-2018, 16:49
Try the original Dave , it's worth a watch too :)

Bigman80
01-10-2018, 16:55
I love Deadpool. Such a funny film. Number 2 is very good too.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Svend N
01-10-2018, 17:54
Try the original Dave , it's worth a watch too :)

+1. I thought the original was much funnier than the sequel. Still, no. 2 is very, very funny, no question. Both are great antidotes to the usual superhero movie rubbish. Every time I re-watch the first one I pick up things I missed. So many subtleties and little innuendos.

hifi_dave
02-10-2018, 14:48
I will definitely give Deadpool 1 a go. I did give it 10 minutes when it first came out but gave up because of all the swearing and I just couldn't get into it but now being a DP2 fan, I must try DP1 again.

Svend N
02-10-2018, 15:36
Dave, the swearing, and all the rest of the politically very incorrect stuff in there, is part of what makes it so funny. Superhero? Nah...he snorts cocaine, wanks off wearing blue Crocs, has 6 months of non-stop sex...and on and on.... Contrast him with, say, Superman, and the comparison is hilarious. That, and Wade (aka Deadpool) isn't motivated by misty-eyed patriotism or altruism, just revenge. They are anti-superhero movies, and literally flip the bird at the genre.

hifi_dave
02-10-2018, 16:29
I got over the swearing - after all, I'm no Angel. Fortunately, there was a lot more stuff to laugh out loud about. Some films just rely on swearing to get a laugh.

Svend N
02-10-2018, 17:22
I got over the swearing - after all, I'm no Angel. Fortunately, there was a lot more stuff to laugh out loud about. Some films just rely on swearing to get a laugh.

So true. And stand-up comedians too. Pretty much instant channel change when I hear that.

hifi_dave
06-10-2018, 15:56
As luck would have it, Deadpool 1 is on the TV tonight. I have set the recorder.

fatmarley
06-10-2018, 16:48
Thought the 1st one was brilliant. Must get round to watching no2.

Primalsea
06-10-2018, 18:29
Generally the Marvel films are great but the Deadpool films are just something else. The first was funny but I thought the second really built on the first rather than being bigger, louder and more extreme action, like many sequels seem to rely on.