PDA

View Full Version : Monmouthshire/Herefordshire looking for quality Hi-Fi and diverse music lovers.

bazza1969
29-09-2018, 09:57
I am new to the group and new to the area so am looking to meet fellow Hi-Fi & music peeps.
I am in Goodrich, Pencraig in between Ross-On-Wye and Monmouth, could be a mini Bakeoff :)

Smegger68
02-10-2018, 23:46
Just up the road from Symonds Yat, one of the loveliest places in the UK. I'm about 60 miles up the road in Bridgend but get up your way a couple of times a year usually.

Have you been to the Butterfly Zoo yet?

bazza1969
03-10-2018, 13:57
Hi, Yes I'm very close Symonds Yat, is such a stunning landscape, we moved here from the Wirral.
Yes big fan of the butterfly zoo and the Wye river/forest of Dean.
Im close to Goodrich castle which is impressive, get in touch next time your about.

Barry

bazza1969
07-10-2018, 11:58
Has there ever been any bakeoffs or meetings within the Monmouthshire/Herefordshire/Gloucestershire areas??

Gaz
11-10-2018, 11:25
I'm not too far away, edge of the Forest of Dean just outside Lydney.
We've just moved here into a major renovation job so couldn't really host anything but would love to come along to any meets

bazza1969
12-10-2018, 13:36
I could host something on a small scale or just hook up sometime.
A pre-amp and/or DAC comparison session would be interesting?
Always good to recommend/listen favourite albums etc. as well.

ps. if you ever need any small size/scale woodwork doing in your renovation I may be able to help.

Gaz
14-10-2018, 04:51
I could host something on a small scale or just hook up sometime.
A pre-amp and/or DAC comparison session would be interesting?
Always good to recommend/listen favourite albums etc. as well.

ps. if you ever need any small size/scale woodwork doing in your renovation I may be able to help.

Sounds good to me, although I don't have either a DAC (on the list) or a pre-amp

Thanks for the offer of the woodworking that's very kind, what is it you do exactly?

bazza1969
15-10-2018, 14:49
Hi Gaz, great I will private message you soon.

The Alchemist
31-10-2018, 20:48
Hi Barry,
Have just come found your post about a possible bakeoff. I live on the far side of Cardiff which is not too far from you. My hobby is building IPL transmission line speakers. If you do have a meeting and are interested in hearing them I would be happy to bring a pair along.
Richard.

bazza1969
07-11-2018, 20:10
Hi Richard
Sorry my for delay responding. Thank you for your suggestion.
I did not get much of a response at all from this post but we could try for a 'mini bake-off' or somthing at my house. Gaz (above) might be up for it as well.
It would be great to listen to your IPL Transmission speakers, I have some 1987 Isobariks you could listen to in turn.
Cheers
Barry

Audio Al
08-11-2018, 11:21
Hi Richard
Sorry my for delay responding. Thank you for your suggestion.
I did not get much of a response at all from this post but we could try for a 'mini bake-off' or somthing at my house. Gaz (above) might be up for it as well.
It would be great to listen to your IPL Transmission speakers, I have some 1987 Isobariks you could listen to in turn.
Cheers
Barry

Make a date and time and ask how many are coming , see what happens ,

Title " Monmouthshire/Herefordshire Bake off "

bazza1969
08-11-2018, 12:04
I was originally just looking to meet a few people into Hi-Fi in my close surrounding area.
I'm not quite able/prepared to host a 'bake-off/big meeting'

Audio Al
08-11-2018, 13:43
I was originally just looking to meet a few people into Hi-Fi in my close surrounding area.
I'm not quite able/prepared to host a 'bake-off/big meeting'

OK just say how many you CAN accomodate , 1st come first served

bazza1969
09-11-2018, 05:47
OK, good idea, I will do that.
Im fairly new to the group and 'Bake-off's' :scratch:

Firebottle
09-11-2018, 07:22
A bake off is as simple or complex as you want to make it.
You can specify a type of kit or just leave it open and see what folk bring.

As well as getting the experience of different kit, particularly in your system, I find it is great to meet like minded forum members, some who have become good friends.

:mex:

bazza1969
09-11-2018, 12:25
A bake off is as simple or complex as you want to make it.
You can specify a type of kit or just leave it open and see what folk bring.

As well as getting the experience of different kit, particularly in your system, I find it is great to meet like minded forum members, some who have become good friends.

:mex:

Thank you, yes this is exactly what I was hoping for.
I will check with the 2 people that got in touch with me for a possible date then do a new post for a Mini-Bake Off.

eisenach
10-12-2018, 16:44
I don't usually look at this bit of the forum, but ...

... I'm in North Herefordshire (between Leominster and Ludlow). The HiFi's in a loft room, so not loads of space, but if anyone wants to listen to ESL63s driven by Primare power, (s)he is most welcome!

bazza1969
11-12-2018, 20:01
I don't usually look at this bit of the forum, but ...

... I'm in North Herefordshire (between Leominster and Ludlow). The HiFi's in a loft room, so not loads of space, but if anyone wants to listen to ESL63s driven by Primare power, (s)he is most welcome!

Hi eisenach
Before we moved down here (Monmouthshire) we were in Chirbury near Bishops castle/Montgomery, beautiful part of the country!
I will get in touch next time im up that way or passing through and would love to listen to your Quad's and vise versa come check out my Isobarik's, Exposure XI, IX and Halo A21.