PDA

View Full Version : WANTED Stand mount speakers

STD305M
17-09-2018, 19:44
As above, preferably seald enclosure to be used with the system in my signature below
Max spend,,,, a grand.

Steve...

Emmings
17-09-2018, 20:13
Perhaps these?

https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?52832-FS-EB-Acoustic-EB2s-standmount-speakers

STD305M
17-09-2018, 20:16
Hi Dave
Thanks for the offer, i already have a pair of eb acoustics
Will be selling very soon

Stebe

Kneesup
17-09-2018, 21:32
Steve, I have pair of what must be the finest examples of original infinite-baffle Roksan Darius in the country. They are way better than new (I can explain...). I've had them for many years, and have spent £3000 on them with RFC and Vertere with VertexAQ, WBT and Trichord componentry. It's been a long journey of R&D and they currently are sounding superb on the end of big valve monos. It's a long story. They have original H254 tweeters (and x3 original spares - hen's teeth) and KEF SP1022 drivers, either standard or Vertere-modified, as per the original design. Original boxes. Immaculate black ash. These are the series 2 versions (of x5 series) which combine the best wonderfully over-engineered square-section stands with dual external crossovers. All electronics fully optimised and rebuilt. Major labour of love. I'd let them go for a lot less than £1000. Heaven only knows what they are worth. I was going to sell them as a complete package with costly VertexAQ bespoke cables and my Coincident amps as they synergise perfectly. But I guess I might split. Just a thought... I don't know what I'm thinking really as I write, but just in case they appeal. I can send pics by e-mail. Richard

Please note that they are about 86dB and take a load of current, so SS amps need to have lots of grunt. They synergise beautifully with big valve amps.

mad-moon
17-09-2018, 22:32
Steve, I have pair of what must be the finest examples of original infinite-baffle Roksan Darius in the country. They are way better than new (I can explain...). I've had them for many years, and have spent £3000 on them with RFC and Vertere with VertexAQ, WBT and Trichord componentry. It's been a long journey of R&D and they currently are sounding superb on the end of big valve monos. It's a long story. They have original H254 tweeters (and x3 original spares - hen's teeth) and KEF SP1022 drivers, either standard of Vertere-modified, as per the original design. Original boxes. Immaculate black ash. These are the series 2 versions (of x5 series) which combine the best wonderfully over-engineered square-section stands with dual external crossovers. All electronics fully optimised and rebuilt. Major labour of love. I'd let them go for a lot less than £1000. Heaven only knows what they are worth. I was going to sell them as a complete package with costly VertexAQ bespoke cables and my Coincident amps as they synergise perfectly. But I guess I might split. Just a thought... I don't know what I'm thinking really as I write, but just in case they appeal. I can send pics by e-mail. Richard

Please note that they are about 86dB and take a load of current, so SS amps need to have lots of grunt. They synergise beautifully with big valve amps.

Crazy !! absolutely crazy !!!!..don't know what you're thinking about...I'd never part with these....

Kneesup
17-09-2018, 22:43
Crazy !! absolutely crazy !!!!..don't know what you're thinking about...I'd never part with these....

Aha! So speaks The Prince of Darius himself. It’s a small club ours, Alan. I wish you lived closer and you could hear them with the big valve monos, although I know yours thrive on Class D. I don’t know what I’m thinking or doing but I have one sitting room and two Hi Fis. Which is a worry. Maybe it’s a silly idea.

Ian7633
17-09-2018, 22:45
I will need to check with my brother but he might want to sell his Harbeth HL P3, MK1 in walnut

STD305M
18-09-2018, 04:46
Steve, I have pair of what must be the finest examples of original infinite-baffle Roksan Darius in the country. They are way better than new (I can explain...). I've had them for many years, and have spent £3000 on them with RFC and Vertere with VertexAQ, WBT and Trichord componentry. It's been a long journey of R&D and they currently are sounding superb on the end of big valve monos. It's a long story. They have original H254 tweeters (and x3 original spares - hen's teeth) and KEF SP1022 drivers, either standard or Vertere-modified, as per the original design. Original boxes. Immaculate black ash. These are the series 2 versions (of x5 series) which combine the best wonderfully over-engineered square-section stands with dual external crossovers. All electronics fully optimised and rebuilt. Major labour of love. I'd let them go for a lot less than £1000. Heaven only knows what they are worth. I was going to sell them as a complete package with costly VertexAQ bespoke cables and my Coincident amps as they synergise perfectly. But I guess I might split. Just a thought... I don't know what I'm thinking really as I write, but just in case they appeal. I can send pics by e-mail. Richard

Pm sent

loosend
18-09-2018, 07:37
Richard, u have got issues mate!!

Kneesup
18-09-2018, 08:35
Richard, u have got issues mate!!

You are not wrong, Dan. I got a bit obsessed. And remain so. Besides, if I didn't have issues I'd never have bought your Bybee RCA converters...!

Steve, PM replied to.

STD305M
18-09-2018, 08:53
Hi Robert

Thanks for the reply but, way beyond my budget
Listen to Mad-Moon.

Good luck with your dilemma

Steve...

STD305M
18-09-2018, 09:13
Duplicate

Bourney
18-09-2018, 09:18
Hi Robert

Thanks for the reply but, way beyond my budget
Listen to Mad-Moon.

Good luck with your dilemma

Steve...

He says he'd let them go for way less than £1000 in his post.

Kneesup
18-09-2018, 09:19
Steve, Thank you for your understanding. If I choose to split you'll be the first to know. I'll send you some snaps later anyway. I applaud you for going infinite baffle (sealed box) but that means 'harder to drive' and external X-overs become more important because there's so much more vibration in the enclosures. In my opinion.

Kneesup
18-09-2018, 09:22
Hi Steve (Bourney),

But I'm also flakey. Steve and I have been PMing and on reflection I don't want to split them from my valve monos. And that gets much more costly.

Audio Al
18-09-2018, 09:25
As above, preferably seald enclosure to be used with the system in my signature below
Max spend,,,, a grand.

Steve...

Proarc tablet 10 on PFM £800

twotone
18-09-2018, 10:37
Buy a pair of Spendor S3/5R or 5R2s these go stupid cheap @ circa £450 or less and are easily as good as Harbeth P3s.

I have a pair and have had the Harbeths which are fantastic speakers but they are not £500 better second hand IMO.

STD305M
18-09-2018, 10:50
Proarc tablet 10 on PFM £800

Hi Al

I've considered the tablet 10 but need to listen with my equipment

Cheers mate

STD305M
18-09-2018, 10:54
Also
Just in the middle of restoring pioneer cs88a speakers
Refoamed all 4 tweeters but now need a single super tweeter and small repair to xovers to complete the job

Any one got one??????

Steve...

ovlov854
18-09-2018, 15:29
You might be interested in these

https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?60298-F-S-Custom-Built-Home-Studio-Monitor-with-matching-stands

STD305M
18-09-2018, 15:37
Hi Martin
Those are beautiful mate
Unfortunately I'm after seald cabinets
Have tried many ported speakers and they don't work in my room
Wish I'd never moved

Good luck with the sale

loosend
18-09-2018, 19:14
True...true lol!!
Edit: comment in regards to an earlier post, I didn’t realise the thread had moved on a couple pages!