PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

Harrybob
17-09-2018, 08:06
Hello everyone, nice to be here :)

My name is Alun and im from the UK. Have always been interested in hifi but only recently have i been able start putting together a half decent system. Im primarily interested in vinyl playback currently have a Michell Orbe with a Roksan Nima tonearm going into a Soneteer Sedley. My amp is an Arcam Delta 290 and speakers are a pair of Monitor Audio gold floor standers. It sounds good but always thinking about the next upgrade :)

Barry
17-09-2018, 08:17
Welcome to AoS Alun,

Nice system you have there. What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

Harrybob
17-09-2018, 08:26
Hi Barry,

Nice to meet you. I have quite a varied taste in music and like all sorts of Folk, Rock, classical, jazz and blues. Im Particularly partial to Led Zeppelin, Bert Jansch and The Shadows ;)

Barry
17-09-2018, 08:31
Hi Barry,

Nice to meet you. I have quite a varied taste in music and like all sorts of Folk, Rock, classical, jazz and blues. Im Particularly partial to Led Zeppelin, Bert Jansch and The Shadows ;)

Nothing wrong with any of your choices there Alun. :)

Harrybob
17-09-2018, 08:35
Thanks Barry :)

Im currently looking to upgrade my tonearm. I have a hankering for an SME.

walpurgis
18-09-2018, 07:19
Hi Alun. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you listen to and what your next system changes are likely to be.

If you want any opinions, just find the right section and ask questions.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Harrybob
19-09-2018, 05:33
Hi Geoff,

See above for music taste. I am about to purchase an SME IV to replace the Nima, really looking forward to that :) I might also get a 2M black stylus to replace the bronze in due course. Ultimately I would like to get a new orbe motor and controller to replace the old ac papst unit and QC controller, not sure if I can swing that as well currently ;)

struth
19-09-2018, 06:32
Welcome Alun. Nice choices in music

Harrybob
19-09-2018, 07:05
Thanks Grant, nice to meet you :)