PDA

View Full Version : Selling all of my vinyl... yes .... ALL... 1000 pieces plus

take5
14-09-2018, 09:56
Selling all of my vinyl.

Here is what I have.

1) approx 300 rock/pop LPS

2) approx 200 jazz LPs. (mainly small group. saxophone dominates )

3) approx 300 classical LPs and 20 box sets. includes a little collection of approx 80 "full tulip" DG.

4) approx 800 12" ( about 100 are bands/names that I know. The rest are unknown (to me) names/labels, and are groove based dance music.)

5) hundreds of 78s. mainly classical, but lots of jazz too.

There is way too much for me to list, so im hoping for a job lot sale.

£700 for everything. condition is good on everything........ I have a garage full of rejects!!! ( free, if wanted )

Im looking to buy jazz CDs. If anyone has some that they dont want. Im very open to swaps !!!!

At this stage, im not prepared to get in to posting, so it is collection only. I live in west lancs/merseyside

I will break up the collection as needed, to anyone who would like to come here to have a look, and wave crisp notes in my direction.

I also have a MOTH record cleaning machine available.

Also, 2 of the IKEA EXPEDIT LP storage cabinets. These are the 4 x 4 versions. ie 16 seperate compartments each.

At one time I thought of selling individually, so I bought hundreds of cardboard mailers. Plans have changed, so they are for sale also.

mikeyb
14-09-2018, 10:57
I'd be interested in the Rock/Pop as a job lot if that suited you.

And one of the Ikea units.

struth
14-09-2018, 10:59
sad to hear brian... keep thinking of it but cant take the step. you should maybe list the jazz in lots. lots of jazz fans

take5
14-09-2018, 11:01
Mike, I was in Fife yesterday. Bad timing!!!!!!

I will be up,again next month, so we will see what is available then.

mikeyb
14-09-2018, 11:03
Mike, I was in Fife yesterday. Bad timing!!!!!!

I will be up,again next month, so we will see what is available then.Lol typical, happy to take 300 Rock/Pop if you wanted to do a deal for that bundle [emoji6]

WESTLOWER
14-09-2018, 11:13
pm'd brian..

WESTLOWER
14-09-2018, 11:17
pm'd brian..

happy to take the Jazz as a bundle brian..

Marco
14-09-2018, 11:18
Good luck with the sale, Brian, but just a word of advice, and to be realistic.... Unless you're *very* lucky mate, you've got next to no chance of selling your vinyl, unless you categorise it properly, in terms of condition, and price each record individually, as Dean does, see below, which I'd use as a template:

https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?60050-Autumn-Record-Sale

Therefore, what I'd advise you to do is list it, as above, in lots of, say, 20 albums at a time. Then once they've sold (or the bulk of them), listen a further 20, and so on, until hopefully at the end they've all gone.

Also, some nice pics of a few of the LPs for sale in question, showing their general condition, both in terms of the sleeves and records themselves, would also go a long way towards getting them sold. Putting a little bit of effort in, when constructing ads like this, can often go a long way!:cool:

Marco.

take5
14-09-2018, 11:36
Marco, thanks for the advise. Of course you are correct. I agree that your suggestion would be the best way to release lots of money.

I just don’t have the time!!!!

So, I feel I have set a low price in order to tempt folks.

For example, the value of the jazz stuff is probably worth close to my asking price on its own.

I have this LP, for example. Amongst about 10 others by Phil Woods. I’m sure they are very desireable.

It has taken me 3 or 4 minutes to research this....... I just don’t have the time!!!!!!

So, I am willing to take a financial hit, in order to sell stuff.

If it doesn’t work, then I will think again.

But I feel it is worth a try.

take5
14-09-2018, 11:38
I also have this !!!!!!

Marco
14-09-2018, 12:07
Fairy muff, mate. I get that, so I hope it works out. What'll defo go in your favour, is that folks here know you. And you've got a good rep:)

Marco.

Phil Lawton
14-09-2018, 12:16
PM'd.

Haselsh1
14-09-2018, 12:20
Nice one, I've just sold off over 120 vinyl LP's and taken a substantial sum of money for them but I have done mine LP by LP via ebay. I still have quite a few to shift though. Very best of luck !

WESTLOWER
14-09-2018, 13:10
I also have this !!!!!!
Hi Brian, that phil woods LP is tops £7-8, that pic from eBay is not a real reference mate. Sorry!

I wouldn't use eBay as a reference at all for your Vinyl. Try discogs BUT take the medium price
as spikes in odd ball one off sales at the top of the sold list also cannot be taken too seriously.

That should give you a realistic valuation of what you have.

take5
14-09-2018, 13:16
Hi Brian, that phil woods LP is tops £7-8, that pic from eBay is not a reference mate. Sorry!

Adam, thanks.

I accept what you say.

It kind of proves my point. I did a few minutes research on one Lp, on one source of info.

My collection is near 2000. Imagine thorough research on “ correct “ prices for that lot.

I received your Pm. Let’s see what happens.

WESTLOWER
14-09-2018, 13:23
Adam, thanks.

I accept what you say.

It kind of proves my point. I did a few minutes research on one Lp, on one source of info.

My collection is near 2000. Imagine thorough research on “ correct “ prices for that lot.

I received your Pm. Let’s see what happens.

If you need help very quickly pricing the Jazz I can do that for you. I'm very up with what goes for what money. And honestly too!
Either that or get a local record store buyer (if you have one) to pop by your gaff and price the lot up as one bundle of all Genres.
Don't let them cherry pick or you'll be left with £1 shitty bits!!

moodybuilder
14-09-2018, 17:07
Can vouch for Adam, sold him a lot of jazz recently, very honest and good to deal with, great dog also.

WESTLOWER
14-09-2018, 17:46
Can vouch for Adam, sold him a lot of jazz recently, very honest and good to deal with, great dog also.

Hi Phil cheers fella.
You got any more of the good stuff for me?
The Ben Webster was knock out!!

take5
14-09-2018, 19:01
The Ben Webster was knock out!!

Adam, I don’t know which Ben Webster you have picked up, but if you don’t have this, then this is the one you are missing.

From memory, it is mostly in mono, but it is the best recorded sax you will find........from any era.

Of course, I have it in my collection !!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEN-WEBSTER-Ballads-By-Ben-Webster-LP-Verve-2683-049-UK-1974/173369261399?hash=item285d9cfd57:g:~d4AAOSwj0RbJsv H

WESTLOWER
15-09-2018, 09:14
Cheers Brian I’ll look out for that. Love his playing

Non-Smoking Man
19-09-2018, 11:19
Brian is aware of my interest in the whole shebang - this is just to make AoS members aware of that. It is a joint interest on behalf of myself and Speedracer. Awaiting a response from Brian..
Jack NSM

take5
19-09-2018, 18:35
All gone !!!!!!!!!

Sorry to disappoint all those who contacted me, but I have today sold everything to one buyer.

my music room looks rather empty!!!!!!!!!

thanks

mikeyb
19-09-2018, 19:46
I'm disappointed but my wife is over the moon lol

[emoji23][emoji23]

take5
19-09-2018, 20:00
I'm disappointed but my wife is over the moon lol

[emoji23][emoji23]

Mike, funnily, my wife is happy too!

We ( ok, she ), has decided that the Ikea shelving would be a great place to store all of the papers, music, assorted crap etc etc that presently covers most of the floor.......she is right, as usual.....So the shelves are no longer for sale.

mikeyb
19-09-2018, 20:02
Ah, that's great, glad you managed to get it sold and especially as a whole package.

Glad your units have found a use too.

Si74
20-09-2018, 19:11
Taking the trouble to do this when folks are looking to pick it up for a song sounds like it's not worth the hassle. I've 1100 lp's all in good nick and 1600 cd's all pristine, with past encounters, pop my clogs tomorrow and some vulture will offer the missus 50 quid for it all. Rather skip the lot.Try giving it away for free and see the crap you get. Bought and sold stuff on Audiogon for years, fair price you want it, you pay it. This glorious Kingdom, what's your lowest price, my answer is usually can you not read muppet!