PDA

View Full Version : Stuff Missing from the Spinning Today Thread

slipperyjim
10-04-2010, 23:00
Since it's inception over two years ago, AOS posters have negligently failed to listen to any:

Man - legendary Welsh Space Rockers - pinnacles are Greasy Truckers' Party, Be Good to Yourself at Least Once a Day and Back into the Future. Micky Jones, Most Underrated Guitarist of All Time (except for maybe Ollie Halsall) passed away last month. One of the ten best in the world according to Zappa.

Neutrons - Man spinoff

Stackridge - heretically, I rather like the late period Extravaganza album

AFT - Reading band whose only album, Automatic Fine Tuning, is a total guitar wankfest

....and the only mention Centipede get is a negative one.

Ladies (are there any?) and Gentlemen, time to pull your socks up.

Alex_UK
10-04-2010, 23:33
Great thread idea Mr. Slippery, I have none of that music to make amends, but sure someone will come up with something... :)

The Grand Wazoo
10-04-2010, 23:59
Well I can categorically confirm that in that period I have listened to '2 oz of plastic....' & 'Rhinos, Winos & Lunatics' at least one time each.
And have mentioned them on here several times.

Can't comment for anyone else though.

Beechwoods
11-04-2010, 07:15

Heh heh heh... that'll be me, guilty as charged ;) Despite the presence of many Canterbury luminaries, I just don't get it.

Rare Bird
11-04-2010, 07:30
Since it's inception over two years ago, AOS posters have negligently failed to listen to any:

Man - legendary Welsh Space Rockers - pinnacles are Greasy Truckers' Party, Be Good to Yourself at Least Once a Day and Back into the Future. Micky Jones, Most Underrated Guitarist of All Time (except for maybe Ollie Halsall) passed away last month. One of the ten best in the world according to Zappa.

Neutrons - Man spinoff

AFT - Reading band whose only album, Automatic Fine Tuning, is a total guitar wankfest

Hi
Nay our own Kris is a Man fan & i'm sure he's played a lot of it since he joined..

I actually had Centipede on the other day.

I'm sure someone had AFT on the other day

Grez
12-04-2010, 14:23

I actually SAW Stackridge in Action, August 2008 at the Cropredy Festival, and I therefore claim my £5.

John
12-04-2010, 15:28
Well Dai get posting add links and videos; you never know you may even convert a few people on the way

Themis
12-04-2010, 21:18
I think that I am the only one to listen to the Red Army Chorus ! :lol:

It's a scandal !

Joe
12-04-2010, 21:59
I think that I am the only one to listen to the Red Army Chorus ! :lol:

It's a scandal !

Why? Can't they hold a tune?

Themis
15-04-2010, 16:47
:lolsign: