PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, new to the forum.

AndyP
12-09-2018, 12:25
Good afternoon everyone,

My name is Andy Palmer, i'm a life-long lover of music and of course, HIFI. I have recently joined this forum as i have been lucky enough to find and purchase a pair of B&W 800D speakers, which are sucking the life out of my beautifully sounding Creek Destiny 2 amp.

The plan is to turn my Creek amp into a pre-amp, and give the B&W's some stand alone power amps - and one of the forum's members may have just what i need (depending on price of course!).

In life i have an engineering background and am a project manager. I look forward to being part of the community and sharing tales of the journey through sound.

Andy

Barry
12-09-2018, 12:55
Welcome to AoS Andy,

I'm unfamiliar with your B&W 800D speakers, but assume they are not particularly sensitive. Do you have the volume control set near the end of its range for moderate listening levels? If so you need a more powerful amplifier.

I'm sure there will be someone here who can advise you.

What are your tastes in music BTW?

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

walpurgis
13-09-2018, 06:57
Hi Andy. Welcome to AOS.

Looks like you have a dilema. It would be a shame to part with the Destiny 2, they are rather special.

Why not start a thread in the Blank Canvas area and discuss the situation with members.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.