PDA

View Full Version : GL75 right speaker going benny bongo

wee tee cee
01-09-2018, 15:46
Treated myself to DSOTM today....havent played the Lenco for a while ,so had some speed issues before it settled down.

Just couldn't get it sounding right-one of my sons pals was round/listened and reinforced his digital position.

I noticed the right speaker the drivers were going mental, excursion wise!!!

On digital they hardly move-to the naked eye!

Something not quite right, any suggestions folks?

struth
01-09-2018, 15:51
Treated myself to DSOTM today....havent played the Lenco for a while ,so had some speed issues before it settled down.

Just couldn't get it sounding right-one of my sons pals was round/listened and reinforced his digital position.

I noticed the right speaker the drivers were going mental, excursion wise!!!

On digital they hardly move-to the naked eye!

Something not quite right, any suggestions folks?

get a better tt ;) not without being there Tony, no... it could be lots of things. There will be different outputs at certain frequencies that could be the cause. Different mastering etc. cart setup could be an issue too

wee tee cee
01-09-2018, 16:07
Grant,
I dont often use it but it sounded not at all right....then noticed the drivers going mental.

Vinyl has been a rough ride for me-i get it....the sound stage is marvellous, mixed with a natural liquidity that digital doesn't do.

I know that it can do the the business having hear yours/Mikes and Garyrs ......just dont want to spend a fortune!!!

struth
01-09-2018, 16:25
yup. the lencos are a hands on deck tho, so if you are not handy, its better to maybe think of an easier, low maintenance deck. dont need to break the bank to do it either. brian maybe have a look at it for you mate

Macca
01-09-2018, 18:16
How close is the deck to the speaker? You could be getting some bass feedback that's causing the driver excursions.

Primalsea
01-09-2018, 18:47
Sounds like it could be a few things such as motor boating caused by a dodgy capacitor in the Phono PSU or rumble due to a dodgy bearing or idler wheel on your TT.
Or as Martin has suggested feedback. Is the TT's plinth or the table / stand it is on solid and free from any serous resonances?

Wakefield Turntables
02-09-2018, 10:31
Is your tonearm earthed?

Examine your idler arm and wheel and see that they are not abnormally moving around.

Is your cartridge alignment ok?

Check the cap value on the on/off switch and also look for dry solder joints.

Are the motor springs properly set up?

Have you done any modifications to the deck?

Lots of questions but something might help. ;)

Macca
02-09-2018, 11:39
If the record is warped that will also cause the problem.

wee tee cee
02-09-2018, 17:05
Taking it across to Brian tomorrow....he can cast an eye over it.