PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge CP2 MM/MC phono preamp

Bonky
29-08-2018, 09:15
am having a clear-out as a prelude to a possible house move.

I have the following:
A Beresford Bushmaster 2 DAC (upgraded with Stan’s firmware chip).
A Matrix M Stage headphone amp.
A Tisbury Audio(Mk2 - I think) passive pre-amp.
A Cambridge CP2 MM/MC phono preamp
A Linn Mimik 2 CD player + Linn remote.

Cambridge CP2 MM/MC phono preamp...in black

I have used this with a relatively high-end arm and MC cartridge. It's been excellent for a so-called 'budget' pre-amp. It's very versatile. I upgraded to a Tricord Dino with a dedicated PS. Is there a difference between the two...well yes... but it's marginal to say the least. (My wife - a musician - can't tell the difference!)

I suggest you Google reviews on this unit.

From the Web: "CP2 (£149 new)
Class-leading sound quality
This high quality design features single-ended 'Class A' gain stages and discrete transistors, instead of the more common integrated circuits. This gives less cross-talk and interference across the signal path. There's also copper shielding of sensitive circuits and premium grade, multi-parallel capacitors for even higher levels of sonic accuracy. What this means for sound quality is a rich, full-bodied sound that's also low on distortion and very quiet in terms of background noise.

Subsonic filter
The CP2 comes fitted with a switchable subsonic filter. This helps limit low frequency 'rumble' caused by vinyl imperfections and helps protect your speakers from excessive wear.

Exquisite style and build
You'd never guess that this is a budget phono stage by looking at it. Featuring an all-metal casing with sleek, aluminium front panel and smoothly rounded edges the CP2 could easily pass for a more expensive design. Available in black or silver, the teardrop shape is also the perfect match for the awarding-winning Cambridge CX-range of amps."

£89 to include P+P. Original packaging and instructions etc.

mikmas
29-08-2018, 11:42
PM sent :)

Bonky
29-08-2018, 12:53
PM sent :)

Thanks mMke,

Now sold.

steve-z
29-08-2018, 13:23
Good price for a nice bit of kit, I’ve been using one for almost a year and have found it excellent with MM and MC cartridges, sounds great with my ATF7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk