PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Nora

trailer
05-04-2010, 16:42
I've just gone and bought a NaimDAC :stalks: so I have a CDX5 and a FlatCap 2 for sale.

Both mint 2004 vintage with boxes, remote etc etc.

£850 for the CD5X and £275 for the FC2 plus delivery.

(I've got them advertised on the other usual sites too)

DSJR
05-04-2010, 17:27
I think you need a little lie down after that.... ;)

Good luck with the sale. I'm sure there'll be buyers out there.... :gig:

The Vinyl Adventure
05-04-2010, 18:21
I for one would be very very interested to hear how you get on with the naim dac... I have heard some hugly positive comments about them!
What are you going to use it with? I'm going for a demo of one in the next few
months ...

Marco
05-04-2010, 18:28
Take your copper DAC along for comparison.... I'd be very interested in the outcome! ;)

Marco.

The Vinyl Adventure
05-04-2010, 18:33
That's the plan buddy, exactly 100% my intention!

Marco
05-04-2010, 18:45
It'll need to be done without a Naim source, though, as the Naim DAC will have been voiced to optimise Naim gear....

Take your Linn DS along and stream through that using both DACs :)

Marco.

The Vinyl Adventure
05-04-2010, 19:32
Yup, there will be majik ds's there anyway...

I'm loosing my patience with dacs a bit at the mo though to be honest, i quite like some aspects of what the musical fidelity one I hve borrowed does but all round it's a bit uninspiering, and none of my options bar the majik direct will ply the high Rez stuff that I want to play...I have people telling my the naim dac with the majik ds is klimax ds teritory... And the others saying the playstations are awesome... These is so much veriety in views to be honest the little differences between the dacs I have heard I'm starting to see why dimitri has such strong views about them prety much being a much for muchness.. I spoke to Anthony the other day and he seems to think there is a possibility that my issues with my lack of balance in the sound of my majik might just be power issues and that a filter might help... If that's the case then I will be very happy, as I won't even need a bloody dac and I can be done with the whole problem altogether!!

trailer
06-04-2010, 16:02
I'll post a report on the Ndac in a few days or so in the other room.

It has taken over digital duties from my Wolfsoned 7520. I'm using it fed from an AppleTV / Chord optical with lossless files plus occasional CD playback via an Oppo BDP-83 and one of Mikes co-ax cables.

trailer
20-04-2010, 14:17
Well I had a listen today of the updated CD5XS which now has a digital out.
It was superior to the Oppo BDP83 blu-ray I took down to compare against. I didn't expect such a marked difference to be honest.

End result is that I'm getting the CD5X converted to a transport.

John
20-04-2010, 14:28
Hi Hamish
I think Anthony is onto something for you
My copper DAC goes through a balanced transformer and pure silver mains cables If I do not use the cables or transformers I notice a drop off in sound quality. I had Spur07 (Paul) come round to hear the DAC he was blown away by the sound I am getting so pretty sure its not the DAC

The Vinyl Adventure
20-04-2010, 15:21
good news, cheers buddy!!