View Full Version : Croft Mains Chassis Transformer "Buzzing"

donmarrese
09-08-2018, 20:26
As the title says, the "buzzing" is getting through to the speakers...slightly annoying, I've stuck a well insulated screwdriver to my ear, touching the transformer, and it's defo the culprit.
The transformer has had part of it's label torn; it's a Croft Vital SC pre amp, and I could send it to Glenn, but I've been really unlucky recently with parcel companies. the last 3 items I've sent/received have all been damaged in some way..2 of them from me were double boxed!

I'm having a problem finding out what the transformer is, and where to get it from....
Any clues anyone? Thanks in advance

http://i67.tinypic.com/15xl92b.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/15xl92b.jpg
http://i66.tinypic.com/2ur71bp.jpg

Bigman80
09-08-2018, 20:29
Hy not ask Glenn. He'll tell you, he's good like that

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

donmarrese
09-08-2018, 20:56
Can do Oliver, and don't get me wrong, I've dealt with Glenn many a time... but it's like I'm taking food out of his mouth...it's like asking someone how to do something.. that they should be doing in the first place...(I'm I having a blond moment?)

donmarrese
09-08-2018, 21:06
:doh:
It's going to Glenn...no point in slapping about with a simple operation that could turn out to be a nightmare...wrong transformer, bad cap etc...

it's a no brainer!
sorry for the wasted bandwidth..

Regards

Bigman80
09-08-2018, 23:03
:doh:
It's going to Glenn...no point in slapping about with a simple operation that could turn out to be a nightmare...wrong transformer, bad cap etc...

it's a no brainer!
sorry for the wasted bandwidth..

Regards[emoji23][emoji23]

I think this is the wisest path. Best he sorts it and it properly repaired by the maker. No depreciation of value either.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Jimbo
10-08-2018, 05:28
Good decision Don. I had a transformer issue in my power amp and Glenn not only sorted it, I think the one he replaced it with was even better quality.

worrasf
10-08-2018, 09:18
I had a transformer issue in my power amp and Glenn not only sorted it, I think the one he replaced it with was even better quality.

Me too.

Few months ago the transformer in one of my 7 monoblocks suddenly went bang (literally).

Dropped it off at Glenn's who replaced it (and ? the still functioning one in the other 7 mono) - told me that he had had a "bad batch" of transformers at one stage. He also added a tube buffer to the line output of my 25RS at the same time. From the paltry amount he charged me for all this there's no doubt he replaced the transformer(s) for free.

I've said it before but I'll take the opportunity to say it again Glenn's products are among the best sounds for your money and his after sales service is truly superb. 2 reasons I stick with him and his.

Steve

Jimbo
10-08-2018, 10:45
Me too.

Few months ago the transformer in one of my 7 monoblocks suddenly went bang (literally).

Dropped it off at Glenn's who replaced it (and ? the still functioning one in the other 7 mono) - told me that he had had a "bad batch" of transformers at one stage. He also added a tube buffer to the line output of my 25RS at the same time. From the paltry amount he charged me for all this there's no doubt he replaced the transformer(s) for free.

I've said it before but I'll take the opportunity to say it again Glenn's products are among the best sounds for your money and his after sales service is truly superb. 2 reasons I stick with him and his.

Steve

+1