PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd Maine Road

Floyddroid
08-08-2018, 20:35
Bloody hell! 30 years this week since i watched Pink Floyd at Manchester City's Maine Road. Jeeeezus! 30 years! I was only 14 the first time i saw them at Newcastle Odeon 1973 which i know was a long time ago and does not come as a shock. But 30 years since the Delicate Sound Of Thunder Tour that is unbloodybelievable. £15 a ticket too. Laughable innit?

https://i.imgur.com/ALcj97t.jpg

Pigmy Pony
09-08-2018, 19:17
So that's when it was! Thanks Steve, a small forgotten chunk of my life has now come back to me! I really enjoyed that gig, it was even worth the cost of paying some feral kids to 'look after' the car while we were in there. I remember the flying bed gave me a bit of a start.

I thought it was quite a good venue, also saw the Stones and David Bowie there - the exact date of those still hiding somewhere in my memory. :(

Macca
09-08-2018, 19:26
Old gig tickets. I'm sure I must have some, somewhere. I know I kept some big name ones like Clapton, Tull, Hawkwind, Primal Scream and others but I don't know where they are. I have a horrible feeling that I might have binned them at some point. Then I think that I couldn't ever have been that stupid.

Pigmy Pony
09-08-2018, 19:42
Yeah I wish I'd saved all my tickets, but at the time wouldn't have given it a moment's thought.

A few years ago I built a conservatory for a guy in Hyde who had saved all his tickets - he had them in picture frames going up the stairs. Names ranging from Led Zepellin, to names like Camel, Rusty's Dumpy Nuts (or is it Dumpy's Rusty Nuts?) Steve Hillage. Looked quite cool. Also had some of them big B&W studio speakers that look like robots. And his missus was really nice. Bastard.

Macca
09-08-2018, 20:11
Yeah I hate those people who plan ahead like that. I mean who would ever have thought it would all pay off one day?

Pigmy Pony
09-08-2018, 20:34
Yeah I would have looked after my tin plate robots, Battlewagon and Johnny Seven OMA. And I would have tried harder not to crash my bikes.

Floyddroid
09-08-2018, 21:04
Yeah I would have looked after my tin plate robots, Battlewagon and Johnny Seven OMA. And I would have tried harder not to crash my bikes.

Always wanted a Johnny 7 and a battlewagon set.

Macca
09-08-2018, 22:20
Battllewagon was crap, my mate had it. A real let down.

Pigmy Pony
10-08-2018, 06:23
My dad was up till 2 am putting all the little flags on it then went to bed, 30 minutes before I shouted upstairs "Mum! Dad! Father Christmas Has been!" On reflection my brothers Scalextric was better, but I did have fun shooting his cars off the track as they passed. :)