PDA

View Full Version : FS : Naim HDX and NAS

SquireC
03-08-2018, 13:24
Hi guys, following my earlier post, I now have more info and photos of the HDX and NAS

The HDX has twice been upgraded and serviced by NAIM to the latest spec, and it now has the 2TB HDD in it so you can play HiRez files on it.........either from a USB stick (front slot) or via a wired link to
the NAS and Hi-Rez files that may be stored on it.

The NAS also has two 2TB HDD's in so it can back up the content of the HDX.

My whole music collection is on it and that includes a number of LP12/Kandid 44,100/16 RIP's from MOFI/Japanese/Analogue Productions and Pallas LP's.

The NAS Duo has been used for backing up only so I guess whoever ends up with the HDX can either continue to use it as backup or indeed it can be linked to the HDX by hardwire link and it can be used to have hi-Rez
files, or anything else stored on it............obviously the HDX can't rip HiRez files to it but it can play them from it.

I was able to use software like 'Exact Audio Copy' to record/Rip Hi-Rez files on my PC and then drag & Drop them onto my HDX (and/or the NAS) using the FREE Naim Audio PC App which also runs on my IPad...... so they could be played. I
have only ever used 96,000/24 files because they were the best compromise between quality and file size.

The HDX only has 44,100/16 files on it at the moment because I have removed all of the Hi Rez files on to another NAS.

The net result is that the HDX has got over 40% of its capacity still unused and has got 2,500 album files on it. They are all WAV files but Naim tell me that you can switch all the files to FLAC files and that
will save HDD space.

I am looking for around £1500 for the HDX, or I would be looking for about £2,000 for the whole set-up. I would happily consider offers.