PDA

View Full Version : How a well produced album on a good hifi can cheer up your day

pjdowns
03-04-2010, 14:39
My wife has gone to visit the Mother-in-law as it is her birthday, so I thought it was about time I had a proper, sit down to listen to the Hifi... Do you know, I think this is the first time this year ... that is scary, pathetic even...

I have been listening to a variety of music, from Pop, Rock, Opera and now onto Folk.

The current album(s) I am listening to is A Woman's Heart (Trilogy). Currently the first and it is truly excellent. The recording quality is great, tight deep and controlled bass, sweet treble, without that occasional over bright sound.

The album contains a couple of songs by Mary Black, now, anyone who is anyone in the Hifi fraternity must have heard of her, she has such an excellent voice... I have been reminiscing about those days in my teens when I used to get woken up in the morning by my father playing her albums... and the time we went to see her live in Brighton in the 90's....

So there you go, anyone who says that Hifi is a waist of time and money, just doesn't have a clue... they need to get themselves something worth listening to, sit back and I can almost assure them they would change their minds....

Just thought you might like to hear :)

Paul.

Beechwoods
03-04-2010, 15:52
Nice one Paul. I love it when I get a bit of peace and quiet for an hour or two. But a whole day of it?! You're a lucky man!

DSJR
03-04-2010, 15:58
I get an hour a day at best. Most of this weekend and the next fortnight it will be headphones I think.

Beechwoods
03-04-2010, 16:10
I get a couple of hours a week, of time when the kids aren't in bed and I can crank it up a bit.When they go to school I'll take a week off and just enjoy some of my own time again!