PDA

View Full Version : Wtd: amp to drive Linn Keilidhs upto £500

Bourney
28-07-2018, 21:40
As much as my primaluna seems to be doing a decent job, I'd like to hear them with the sort of amp they were designed for. Thinking a solid integrated or compact pre power.

Stokiebloke
28-07-2018, 23:35
I had Linn Kabers back in the day, a similar design to the later Keilidhs, they were rated for 50W if I remember correctly, but I found they needed a little more to make them really come alive. I drove them with a 100W Audiolab 8000P, it was a great combination, the audiolab had a tremendous grip on the bass in particular, but had to take care not to overdrive them. I found the Kabers also benefit from 'tri-wiring', so perhaps the Keilidhs would to if possible.

lordmortlock
29-07-2018, 08:14
Back in pm4 territory there pal, albeit in A/B mode

andyrlb
29-07-2018, 08:38
Back in pm4 territory there pal, albeit in A/B mode

I have to agree with Jake , Pm4 = joy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stormin'Norman
01-08-2018, 21:32
Hi, I've run Keilidh speakers from new till present day. They respond well to biwiring, but if memory serves right they can only be triwired in a Linn active mode, the third set of terminals are/should be blanked off to avoid accidental connection to an amp.
But on to your original post for an amp. With a recent change of amp I have available, inside your budget, a pair of Musical Fidelity P150's that I've used happily with my Keilidh's in bi wire and Amps running in Monoblock mode. Don't have a preamp to offer at the moment. Also, if interested 2 lengths of Linn K400 bi wire cable, they're each 8 metres in length, no plugs.
BR Norman