PDA

View Full Version : Putting Out the Feelers, For a OTA 57 OTEC

JohnG
26-07-2018, 19:57
I'm hoping that a pair of ESL 57's might be on somebodies mind to offer a new home to.
Mine are fully OTA Refurbished in 2013/14, they have OTEC Treble Panels, IEC Mains Sockets and the Modern Banana Plugs.
I am nearing the time to get a Long Time Ambition of Stacked 57's up and running.
If you are considering letting a pair go of a similar spec to mine, please PM me, to see if a arrangement can be made.

JohnG
27-07-2018, 17:36
83 Views, hopefully one knows of a 57 owner that has pondered the idea of letting go
of them :eyebrows:

Audio Al
27-07-2018, 18:49
I have though about triple stacking and have 6 ESL57's some good some not so good ,
Maybe a project for my retirement :)

JohnG
27-07-2018, 19:18
Hello Al
We are similar us Dagenites, I was born in Aldborough Road, lived in Victoria Road, before I moved to Cambs.
I have three Pairs, a OTA, a good sounding original, and a unloved pair of originals.
I will experiment with the OTA and Original as a stacked array, whilst I'm being extremely patient in seeking a close matching OTA. Who knows a super tweeter or Dipole tweeter might just finish the search, when combined with my two sets.

JohnG
29-07-2018, 16:40
176 Views WOW !
Being the Eternal Optimist, I know there is a pair awaiting their new home. :)

JohnG
06-08-2018, 18:36
Self Promoting my Thread again "Sorry".:lol:
I was the thickness of a Rizla away from getting my Wanted Request .
A excellent pair came up, but I am anal about getting the OTEC Treble Panel.
The OTEC is slightly brighter in it presentation when compared to the Refurbished Original, and requires a little bit of sibilance taming.
Onwards and Upwards, I know AoS will deliver.

stevied
12-08-2018, 20:40
Self Promoting my Thread again "Sorry".:lol:
I was the thickness of a Rizla away from getting my Wanted Request .
A excellent pair came up, but I am anal about getting the OTEC Treble Panel.
The OTEC is slightly brighter in it presentation when compared to the Refurbished Original, and requires a little bit of sibilance taming.
Onwards and Upwards, I know AoS will deliver.

guy on pinkfish selling a pair

Audio Al
13-08-2018, 00:56
look here
https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/quad-esl57s-black-grille-recent-ota-panels-eht-etc.218170/

JohnG
13-08-2018, 04:18
Thank you for your support.
These look suitable.
I also have another pair I am investigating, just waiting for the owner to return from a break.
As I've already committed subject to my investigation.
I will hold off on any questions to the Pinkfish vendor, as I don't want to waste his time.

JohnG
02-10-2018, 04:44
Still Searching out a pair of OTA OTEC Treble Panel 57's.

Audio Al
02-10-2018, 08:00
Still Searching out a pair of OTA OTEC Treble Panel 57's.

Dont think you will find a set of panels usd as not many people strip down 57's for spares

wee tee cee
02-10-2018, 08:02
i have a standard pair for sale....should be a thread and pictures on here

JohnG
02-10-2018, 18:33
I have two standard pairs, and was impressed by a couple of OTA Original Panel refurbs recently investigated.
I,m holding out for the OTEC Treble Panel. They are harder to discover as a used sale.