PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire Dales roast-off, Sep 14-16th

occasionalthinker
24-07-2018, 09:35
The gentlemen of the (Audio) Abattoir are holding a social weekend at Hornby Laithe bunkhouse (about 2 miles north of Settle in the Yorkshire Dales) from Friday 14 Sep to Sunday 16 Sep (2 nights). We have a few spaces available and I thought that some here might be interested. There will be some kit swapping, but the emphasis will be more on banter, music, food and drink (not necessarily in that order). We will have 3 systems going in different locations, and anyone is welcome to bring kit. Cost is £30 per person for accommodation and breakfast - other food will be from contributions and an additional kitty.
We have had two very successful events at Lopwell (Plymouth) along similar lines - pleasant, relaxed weekends.
If you are interested then please drop me a PM.
Cheers, Dave, aka octh

The bunkhouse is about 2 miles north of Settle, and a couple of hundred yards down a track from the road. The owners (nice folk) are in a house at the top of the track.

It has a lounge with comfy seats for 17 and room for stacking chairs as well. The barn outside has an upper lounge area with sofas for 22 and again plenty of space for smaller chairs. The barn lounge has several table games (table footy etc) and there is a table tennis table below with plenty of space around.
The dining room will seat about 40 and could have a system in as well. The kitchen is well-equipped.
No fire pit outside but a BBQ area with tiered levels and seating on all. We’ll have to keep outside noise down after 11 because of a campsite just up the valley, but there’s plenty of room indoors.
There’s a pub 800 yards away if anyone gets desperate.

If you get fed up with music (really?), then there is Great Dales scenery, walking and cycling (on and off-road) from the door, plus climbing and caving for the more adventurous. Plenty of less energetic attractions too with Settle, show caves, a falconry centre and railway nearby.

Sleeping is in bunk rooms of varying sizes, with pillows provided but you will need to bring a sleeping bag, pillow case and towel. If you want to be alone you could camp in the adjoining field. Camper vans can be parked just outside the barn.

occasionalthinker
27-07-2018, 09:34
564 views and no responses!
I perhaps should have added that anyone attending is welcome to bring kit - I'll post a list of what's coming later on

occasionalthinker
17-09-2018, 12:40
... and a jolly good time was had by all. Plenty of music, kit, food, banter and booze (not necessarily in that order).

Marco
17-09-2018, 16:07
:worthless:

;)

I hope someone took a camera!

Marco.

occasionalthinker
18-09-2018, 13:02
:worthless:

;)

I hope someone took a camera!

Marco.

Yes, there was plenty of pig - BBQ'd and fried
Plenty of pics on AA, I'll cull a selection and post them here

DiveDeepDog
18-09-2018, 13:43
What happened in Yorkshire, stays in Yorkshire :lol::stalks::ner:

Firebottle
18-09-2018, 14:19
All photos coming up 404, please repost.

occasionalthinker
18-09-2018, 14:41
Can't work out the pic posting here. Plenty at https://audioabattoir.com/t/yorkshire-dales-roast-off-sep-14th-to-16th/3333/554 and onwards

walpurgis
18-09-2018, 15:02
Can't view the Google images without opening an account, which I won't do.

Had a quick look at Audio Abattoir, no event pics immediately obvious.

Pictures are easy enough to post here with tinypic.

occasionalthinker
18-09-2018, 15:33
Pics of the event itself start on AA at https://audioabattoir.com/t/yorkshire-dales-roast-off-sep-14th-to-16th/3333/659
Just scroll down, easy enough!

occasionalthinker
19-09-2018, 10:31
for those of limited attention span: https://audioabattoir.com/t/yorkshire-dales-roast-off-sep-14th-to-16th/3333/872

occasionalthinker
21-09-2018, 14:23
and sign-up for next year is open at https://audioabattoir.com/t/yorks-dales-roast-off-2-sep-13-15-2019/5067

struth
21-09-2018, 14:32
the scottish bakeoff is cancelled due to bt removing the phonebox :D

occasionalthinker
21-09-2018, 15:28
the scottish bakeoff is cancelled due to bt removing the phonebox :D

Eh???