PDA

View Full Version : Bristol...?

Beechwoods
25-05-2008, 19:28
But bred near Stourbridge... two great musical towns!

My kit's a mixture of nice old stuff, a Pioneer RT-707 reel deck and a Nakamichi ZX-7, a Sony TC-377 R-R and a bunch of other bits I've picked up over the years, not so much with regard to sound but more to budget... I'm still using the first CD player I bought in 1987 - my system's more put together to archive analogue to digital... my other favourite bits are my Tascam HD-P2 flash recorder and an old DA20 MKII DAT...

I'm an old school tape trader, what can I say?

BajaGringo
25-05-2008, 19:54
How are the tape prices east of Atlantic? Prices on this side of the Atlantic are going up...

:smoking:

Filterlab
26-05-2008, 13:03
Welcome! :)

Beechwoods
26-05-2008, 15:07
How are the tape prices east of Atlantic? Prices on this side of the Atlantic are going up...

:smoking:

They're OK, but difficult to find new stock anywhere but eBay, providing you don't want Ampex 456 which still commands a fair premium. Not sure about prices in the states but I picked up a couple of new 1200' 478 tapes for £6 / $12 each a week or so ago. Thought that was good. When I first got a reel player it was easy enough to get Ampex tape at a few of the professional music equipment retailers but they've all ceased stocking tape. I'm finding the same problem with DAT now! That was a big factor in my decision to go for the HD-P2 flash recorder... no problems finding media!