PDA

View Full Version : Eichmann bullets 10 years on ....

Chris
02-07-2018, 11:40
I use TCI Cobra interconnects, the ones with the WBT locking plugs, and was wondering what was the word on Eichmann bullets or the KLE Harmony plugs and if it might be worth changing the plugs but carrying on with the same silver plated copper cables. It won´t break the bank but will they improve my imaging ??????
Before anyone asks, yes desoldering and soldering the new ones will not present a problem ´cos I won´t be doing them myself. Thank God.

Bigman80
02-07-2018, 12:14
I use TCI Cobra interconnects, the ones with the WBT locking plugs, and was wondering what was the word on Eichmann bullets or the KLE Harmony plugs and if it might be worth changing the plugs but carrying on with the same silver plated copper cables. It won´t break the bank but will they improve my imaging ??????
Before anyone asks, yes desoldering and soldering the new ones will not present a problem ´cos I won´t be doing them myself. Thank God.I've have experimented a lot with RCA plugs and my personal favourite is KLE Harmony. I prefer as little metal as possible and a hollow centre pin. I thing the help create a better soundstage.

I use them on my SPOTFIRE cables.

That's been my experience anyway.

Chris
02-07-2018, 14:10
In your experience which of the 3 Harmony models should be the best choice for silver plated copper cables as is the case of my TCI cobras ?

Bigman80
02-07-2018, 14:14
Silver plated copper plugs! The pure plugs are subject to some debate as to whether they are actually solid silver. I've not tried them due to this.
In your experience which of the 3 Harmony models should be the best choice for silver plated copper cables as is the case of my TCI cobras ?

CageyH
02-07-2018, 14:25
Personally, I don’t think you will notice much difference from changing the plugs, and it would probably be a waste of money. Any difference between well made plugs will be small.

Stryder5
02-07-2018, 14:25
Silver plated copper plugs! The pure plugs are subject to some debate as to whether they are actually solid silver. I've not tried them due to this.

KLEI have amended the description of Silver Harmony on their website, it no longer uses the words "solid silver". Make of that what you will.

Copper Harmony are silver plated as Oli knows.

Bigman80
02-07-2018, 14:56
The original ad suggested they were solid silver but when challenged, KLE responded by saying they never said they were. The "Pure" tag was actually the type of silver they used to plate the plugs with. KLE started to make their own silver to so the job which meant they could call it whatever they wanted. "Pure" was an obvious misdirection.

Whatever they say now, I dont know but I don't buy them due to A) Cost and B) trust.

martinjohn308
11-07-2018, 09:06
The KLE Silver Harmony RCA plugs are fitted to my Epiphany Artratus 111 interconnects sadly no longer available. Subsequently when I bought the Grad 1 I removed the BNC connectors on my Aro leads and fitted KLE brilliant plugs but not cheap.

Regards,

Martin

User211
11-07-2018, 20:48
I have some Eichmann bullets on 0.5m of Nordost Red Dawn. I hate the Eichmann's, really dislike the feel when connecting and disconnecting them. Hard to get on and off.

Very rare I actually use it. I should sell it. But with a pitch like that?:)

RobbieGong
11-07-2018, 21:41
Big fan of Eichmann plugs here.

Like the idea of plastic with the silver / silver plated centre pin, whatever it might be as opposed to alluminium / metal type casing as I sense it does make a subtle difference for the better and they do to my ears.

Went from Silver Bullets to KLEI Pure Silver Harmony plugs and very happy :)

I've not experienced any issues whatsoever, getting them on and off.

Clive197
12-07-2018, 09:07
I’m also a big fan of the Eichmann plugs having half a dozen or so. Yes they are tight but that’s a good thing and actually is the main reason for me using them, they don’t work loose like some other RCA plugs I’ve used. As for SQ I am unable to comment as I can’t tell the difference.

anubisgrau
12-07-2018, 09:18
Though it's not a sale thread, hope mods don't mind mentioning I'm open to offers for either Eichmann or KLE ones. Cheers.

YNWaN
12-07-2018, 11:30
I don’t understand - you want to buy some, or are you selling them?
——-
I’ve tried Eichmann, WBT and loads of others - For me the KLE are the best. The earlier comment about them being difficult to remove doesn’t reflect my experience at all!

Firebottle
12-07-2018, 11:39
I have some Eichmann bullets on 0.5m of Nordost Red Dawn. I hate the Eichmann's, really dislike the feel when connecting and disconnecting them. Hard to get on and off.

Very rare I actually use it. I should sell it. But with a pitch like that?:)

How much would you be looking for Justin?

Bigman80
12-07-2018, 13:39
I don’t understand - you want to buy some, or are you selling them?
——-
I’ve tried Eichmann, WBT and loads of others - For me the KLE are the best. The earlier comment about them being difficult to remove doesn’t reflect my experience at all!+1 on this.

I am not against using using Eichmann bullet plugs though.

Pictured is my latest build for a fella on the forum. A tonearm cable made from the same ingredients as the Spotfire cables I make.

The only down side is strain relief. The KLE have a nice little rubber reducer inside which makes sense and also gives a nice finish. I've had to rely on adhesive heat shrink to provide some strength.

As NOS bullet plugs are ridiculously expensive, I try and buy old cables with them on, take the plugs off and deoxit the contacts, give them a very gentle wipe over and reuse them. Cheaper than buying new in most cases.

Cable not finished yet BTW lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180712/89effab8be4dd5dbcc95e9d5e159e888.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180712/6826f2e32ef318c4de73b1803db0d584.jpg

Barry
12-07-2018, 15:11
........., I try and buy old cables with them on, take the plugs off and deoxit the contacts, give them a very gentle wipe over and reuse them. Cheaper than buying new in most cases.

LOL I do it the other way round: if I see some cable that are fitted with 'bullet plugs' that interests me, I buy it, cut the plugs off and throw them away.

Bigman80
12-07-2018, 15:13
LOL I do it the other way round: if I see some cable that are fitted with 'bullet plugs' that interests me, I buy it, cut the plugs off and throw them away.Well stop it Barry!!!, give me a shout if you have a bin full of Eichmann bullet plugs!!!!!

User211
12-07-2018, 15:46
How much would you be looking for Justin?I don't know TBH. Anubisgrau PM'd before you posted this.

I will take a pic and list them as for sale here so everyone can see what they are really getting.

I'll do it this weekend.