PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye and thanks to BD audio

hifinutt
26-06-2018, 14:06
Some of you may have heard Jack has ceased trading

this is from the website

With deep regret we have now closed our doors and are no longer trading.

I would like to thank all my customers and suppliers and with regards to any future warranty issues ask that you contact the manufacturers directly until they find future representation.

Any queries I will still monitor the contact info@bd-audio.co.uk

Best regards,

Jack.

its been great to have some lovely modwright and grandinote gear from jack and i am sure you will join with me in wishing him all the best in the future

take5
26-06-2018, 15:18
Sorry to read this.

Jack, if you read this, best wishes for the future.

Johnny nocash
27-06-2018, 21:29
Sorry to read this.

Jack, if you read this, best wishes for the future.

Totally agree.

User211
27-06-2018, 21:55
Was chatting with him recently at Munich. He didn't give any clues this was happening...

He is a character. He will succeed.;)

Alfonzo
28-06-2018, 13:09
The hifi game is really tough and the Chinese stuff makes traditional brands look hyper expensive.

Best wishes Jack

hard1175
28-06-2018, 13:32
This is sad news
I purchased a Modwright KWI200 from Jack.
And found him a very pleasant guy to deal with.
All the best for the future Jack.
Regards
Bernard

Spectral Morn
30-06-2018, 14:24
Tried to buy from him once, emailed a number of times and rang (left message) I was ignored. I wonder how many others he also ignored.

Sorry to see any business go down, but I have to wonder based on my experience how many others he ignored or gave poor customer care to.

nonuffin
30-06-2018, 14:47
Tried to buy from him once, emailed a number of times and rang (left message) I was ignored. I wonder how many others he also ignored.

Sorry to see any business go down, but I have to wonder based on my experience how many others he ignored or gave poor customer care to.

Perhaps that's why so many dealers are "struggling" because they have forgotten what communication is. In the past 4 months I have emailed 6 different dealers and didn't get a reply from a single one of them.

Spectral Morn
30-06-2018, 15:16
Perhaps that's why so many dealers are "struggling" because they have forgotten what communication is. In the past 4 months I have emailed 6 different dealers and didn't get a reply from a single one of them.

I am sorry to hear that, that is very poor indeed. Businesses like that, audio or not, don't deserve to survive in my view.

I had the money for what I wanted to buy from BD Audio, but no reply to emails or phone call suggests he didn't want or need my money. It was an nice easy sale, no selling required, just taking my money.

struth
30-06-2018, 15:24
I am sorry to hear that, that is very poor indeed. Businesses like that, audio or not, don't deserve to survive in my view.

I had the money for what I wanted to buy from BD Audio, but no reply to emails or phone call suggests he didn't want or need my money. It was an nice easy sale, no selling required, just taking my money.

least you can do is say sorry, no can do

hifinutt
30-06-2018, 15:36

sorry to hear that . i have contacted a fair few in recent months and sometimes been very impressed at speed of reply . frank harvey in coventry and audio affair were lightning fast

Spectral Morn
30-06-2018, 15:40
least you can do is say sorry, no can do

Indeed Grant, item he had listed for sale both on Wam and in his shop, on website. Not something he had to order in, right there to sell, for me to buy.

hifinutt
30-06-2018, 16:06
i can`t think what happened here DL , if you read the various threads on BD audio on the wam ,AA and pfm they are 99% favourable and postive and very sad to hear . I have always had a reply and bought and demo`ed items and he even gave me interest free credit on an extremely low priced item in a sale which i thought was very generous . Hopefully one day jack can give an explanation for what happened or didn`t happen !!

YNWaN
30-06-2018, 17:07
I guess it’s easy for a dealer to have high turnover but low profit.