PDA

View Full Version : McCartney in Liverpool

take5
24-06-2018, 12:23
Im not a fan of James Corden. I know he has moved to USA and is doing well. He has a thing where he gets famous folks in his car and they sing and have a laugh. Ive briefly watched bits of some of these shows.

But not a huge fan.

but Ive just found out that he did one two weeks ago in Liverpool, and I loved it.

With Paul McCartney.

the singing was fun, but the magic for me was in the non music bits.

He went back to the house he lived in during his teens. Its now a museum to him , and laid out how it used to be, back then. But when he started telling stories, it was great.
"wrote in this room with John Lennon."
"Practiced in this bog, because I liked to sound better in there. "
Told a story about his Dads suggestion for lyrics for a particular song ( you will have to watch ), and how things could have been different !!
folks found out he was there, so a crowd gathered outside. great interaction as he was leaving.

just gems.

Then down in to town to play a surprise gig in a pub.

they chose the "Philharmonic", a famous old pub. Right opposite the Philharmonic hall. Home of the Liverpool Phil, probably Liverpools most famous classical venue. Sir thomas Beecham is said to have liked to pop in to this pub after a gig over the road!! But Ive seen lots of other stuff there.

the pub is a wonderful piece of history. I go in for a pint from time to time, if im going to a gig up that end of town. its great.

The look of surprise and delight on the faces of the punters was great as he started to play. Soon , word got out and folks piled in to "be there". lots of tears, emotion etc.

I loved it.

heres the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjvzCTqkBDQ