10-06-2018, 16:00
* Looking for quality record cleaning machine
* Loricraft or Keith Monks or Pristine Vinyl type ideally
* Ideally in mint condition & 100% working order
* Can collect within 100 miles or so of Nottingham

take5
10-06-2018, 18:21
i have a MOTH version that i will sell.

I bought it about five years ago, from Ian Samson, a member here, and over on wigwam.

in fact I collected it from TONY L, of pink fish. He had borrowed it from Ian.

I havent used it for about 4 years, but im sure it will still work perfectly. i would test it before agreeing to sell it.

i will be selling all my vinyl soon, so have no need for it now.

im in west Lancs.

pidge22
10-06-2018, 18:24
i have a MOTH version that i will sell.

I bought it about five years ago, from Ian Samson, a member here, and over on wigwam.

in fact I collected it from TONY L, of pink fish. He had borrowed it from Ian.

I havent used it for about 4 years, but im sure it will still work perfectly. i would test it before agreeing to sell it.

i will be selling all my vinyl soon, so have no need for it now.

im in west Lancs.

Thanks for the reply but really just looking for a Loricraft or K.M thanks

Audio Al
10-06-2018, 19:12
Hi Paul

I have a Loricraft PRC3 one of these
http://loricraftinternetshop.co.uk/page4.html

Matt black box gloss black top plate , About 2 years old , Full working order and in very good condition, not been moved from the shelf it lives on since new .

£1200 collected , However I am in Dagenham Essex

pidge22
10-06-2018, 19:46
Hi Paul

Matt black box gloss black top plate , About 2 years old , Full working order and in very good condition, not been moved from the shelf it lives on since new .

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately you are a bit far away for me....

Audio Al
10-06-2018, 21:36
Thanks for the reply but unfortunately you are a bit far away for me....

OK no problem :)

montesquieu
10-06-2018, 22:27
Hi Paul

Suspect that would fly if you listed it ...

WESTLOWER
11-06-2018, 08:24
Suspect that would fly if you listed it ...

don't tempt me please...

Lee Henley
11-06-2018, 08:45
Hi Paul

Im surprised to see you selling this Al, what are you replacing it with?

Audio Al
11-06-2018, 12:33
Im surprised to see you selling this Al, what are you replacing it with?

Hi Lee

Wasn't going to sell it and probably won't , However when time allows I have all the required parts for a ultrasonic cleaner :eyebrows:

montesquieu
11-06-2018, 13:23
Hi Lee

Wasn't going to sell it and probably won't , However when time allows I have all the required parts for a ultrasonic cleaner :eyebrows:

Well my experience is that it’s horses for courses ... what the Loricraft does best is not what ultrasonic does best and it all depends what sort of cleaning predominantinates .... I’m currently running both in parallel.

JimK
12-06-2018, 12:51
Hope people don't mind a slight thread diversion, but I have been thinking of buying a Pristine Vinyl rcm for a while, I saw one working at the Bristol show earlier this year and thought it looked very good. A few days ago I clicked on the tab for their website that had been sitting unlooked at for a few weeks on my browser and it says the website has been temporarily disabled. Does anyone know if they are still going or what's going on there?

pidge22
12-06-2018, 22:26
Now sorted thanks....

WESTLOWER
13-06-2018, 09:05
* Looking for quality record cleaning machine
* Loricraft or Keith Monks or Pristine Vinyl type ideally
* Ideally in mint condition & 100% working order

I too am looking for a Loricraft or KM... Paul is now sorted so if anyone else has one?

I have a Nitty Gritty at the moment and want something that isn't comparable to a Jumbo Jet db !! :rolleyes:

JimK
13-06-2018, 10:14
I too am looking for a Loricraft or KM... Paul is now sorted so if anyone else has one?

I have a Nitty Gritty at the moment and want something that isn't comparable to a Jumbo Jet db !! :rolleyes:

The noise was one of the things about the Pristine Vinyl rcm that was good, it was really quite quiet when I saw it demonstrated. I've read about needing ear defenders when some machines are in use.

WESTLOWER
14-06-2018, 10:51
The noise was one of the things about the Pristine Vinyl rcm that was good, it was really quite quiet when I saw it demonstrated. I've read about needing ear defenders when some machines are in use.

Yes the Loricraft is a lot quieter!!
Anyone want to move one, let me know plse

Barry
18-06-2018, 17:47

I use a Nitty Gritty RCM - it's noisy but not that noisy. Do you clean your records whilst listening to others?

struth
18-06-2018, 17:57
I need ear plugs with mine. Noisy did of a machine. Lol

montesquieu
18-06-2018, 17:59
I need ear plugs with mine. Noisy did of a machine. Lol

Yup my Moth only got used very occasionally because of the din.

WESTLOWER
19-06-2018, 08:23
I use a Nitty Gritty RCM - it's noisy but not that noisy. Do you clean your records whilst listening to others?

Oh No, you couldn't possibly listen to music whilst cleaning with my Nitty Gritty RCM.
I have to say it cleans very well, and I have got the 'Art' down to a tee, but alas it is incredibly noisy.

alphaGT
19-06-2018, 09:44
It seems that many set out to clean many records at once. Make an afternoon of it and wash a few dozen albums. I can see where the noise would get to you in that case, and listening to music while you do it would be near impossible to enjoy.

But that’s not me, I choose an album, if it looks like it needs washing I wash it, and then play it. Put it in a vinyl sleeve and store it away, not to wash another until I pull one from the bin that needs washing. After a time when most of the ones on my frequent play list have been washed, I rarely use the machine anymore, until I pull out that old gem that hasn’t been played in a while, and of course new and used Records that I’ve bought recently. Noise be damned! I don’t care if it sounds like a jet engine! I just want my records clean.

And by the way, my ProJect is not as loud as my old VPI was, but, it’s still kinda loud.

Russell

Len Co
19-06-2018, 11:24
It seems that many set out to clean many records at once. Make an afternoon of it and wash a few dozen albums. I can see where the noise would get to you in that case, and listening to music while you do it would be near impossible to enjoy.

But that’s not me, I choose an album, if it looks like it needs washing I wash it, and then play it. Put it in a vinyl sleeve and store it away, not to wash another until I pull one from the bin that needs washing. After a time when most of the ones on my frequent play list have been washed, I rarely use the machine anymore, until I pull out that old gem that hasn’t been played in a while, and of course new and used Records that I’ve bought recently. Noise be damned! I don’t care if it sounds like a jet engine! I just want my records clean.

And by the way, my ProJect is not as loud as my old VPI was, but, it’s still kinda loud.

Russell

Amen to that! I have a noisy vacuum machine but I only do 5 or 6 max at a time so I can easily put up with it, plus it is in my garage. I'm not sure it's any better at the job than my old Knosti manual but I find it quicker and less messy and my skin is not in shreds afterwards if I forget to put rubber gloves on. I use the rack from the Knosti just to let them thoroughly dry out though.

Alfonzo
19-06-2018, 16:48
I had a VPI 16.5 - again quite noisy but seemed to work ok. Recently bought a Loricraft PRC4 very quiet in comparison and works extremely well. Worth the spend if you have a large LP collection. Rare as hens teeth second hand though

alphaGT
19-06-2018, 19:33
I had a VPI 16.5 - again quite noisy but seemed to work ok. Recently bought a Loricraft PRC4 very quiet in comparison and works extremely well. Worth the spend if you have a large LP collection. Rare as hens teeth second hand though

Rare second hand is an indication that people like them!

Russell

IHP
21-06-2018, 05:52
I've not read this thread to see if your sorted but spotted this...

http://www.retrotechaudio.co.uk/moth-mk2.html

Apologies if irrelevant !