PDA

View Full Version : ...and “Hello from Brighton”

blackmetalboon
27-05-2018, 22:01
Hello,

Sorry to disappoint you but there are no black discs or glowy valves in my system, I’m a digital and solid state guy! My journey started with a trip to Richer Sounds on my 18th birthday and progressed from there.

Current set up is mainly Chord Electronics and B&W, musical taste is pretty much exclusively metal but have a selection of most genres in collection.

walpurgis
28-05-2018, 07:29
Hi Jason. Welcome to AOS.

Not everybody uses valves and records (as I'm sure you know :)). In fact our members use a huge diversity of equipment and media.

If you have future plans for your system, we'd like to hear about them.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here, so just join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

karma67
28-05-2018, 07:44
im in sunny brighton too,hello and welcome :)

Puffin
28-05-2018, 08:17
Hi Jason, I started my journey into hifi with some stuff from Richer Sounds. Have you ever listened to Caina?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ca%C3%AFna_(band)

Andy C-B is my Nephew.

blackmetalboon
28-05-2018, 09:12
Thanks for the welcome.

Hi Jason, I started my journey into hifi with some stuff from Richer Sounds. Have you ever listened to Caina?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ca%C3%AFna_(band)

Andy C-B is my Nephew.

I’ve not come across them but just had a quick listen to a couple of tracks on Bandcamp, sounds interesting, might have to give their albums a proper listen.

Spectral Morn
28-05-2018, 12:18
Welcome to AoS :cool:

Barry
14-06-2018, 13:06
Welcome to AoS Jason - apologies for being late in welcoming you.

I started off with valves then moved to SS, then very briefly back to valve and have now settled on SS (though I still have a valve amplifier tucked away).

Again there is nothing wrong with digital as long as it is properly implimented. Different to analogue maybe, but just as acceptable IMO.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

blackmetalboon
15-06-2018, 19:13
Thanks, Barry.

When I started my journey, vinyl was on life support (only being kept alive by collectors, audiophiles and DJ’s), very little music that I was into was available on vinyl so had no choice but to go with digital. In fact, I hopefully will be taking delivery on a new silver disc spinner this weekend!

Macca
15-06-2018, 20:18
Hi Jason

Good to see someone else who likes and uses digital and solid state. I feel a bit outnumbered here sometimes ;)

blackmetalboon
15-06-2018, 20:59
:lol:
It also appears that I also share your scepticism of cables and mains treatments, but let’s keep that a secret between us!

Macca
15-06-2018, 22:08
It also appears that I also share your scepticism of cables and mains treatments, but let’s keep that a secret between us!

It's a deal :D

Barry
15-06-2018, 22:16

No - you two are not the only ones. In fact I claim to AoS's resident cable sceptic. :lol:

So that's at least three of us who like SS amplification, digital replay and eschew fancy and expensive cables.

blackmetalboon
15-06-2018, 22:45
The group is growing, maybe we could form an AOS Splinter Cell! :lol:

When I get time I’ll try to add some pictures and info on my set-up in the Gallery thread.