PDA

View Full Version : Kuzma Vinvac RCM

anubisgrau
23-03-2010, 10:01
Has anyone used/tried it?

I'm mostly concerned with noise and heating up.... is it any different to existing RCMs from the price range that are bloody noisy and tend to overheat easily...

I'm going to Slovenia for some business next month which gives me opportunity to buy it directly from Kuzma for much less money than what it costs in the UK. It also saves me from all the importing hassle, duties etc plus looks quite elegant compared to other designs and if it's at least as effective as others, I would snap it.

Any thoughts...?

Barry
23-03-2010, 10:34
Has anyone used/tried it?

I'm mostly concerned with noise and heating up.... is it any different to existing RCMs from the price range that are bloody noisy and tend to overheat easily...

I'm going to Slovenia for some business next month which gives me opportunity to buy it directly from Kuzma for much less money than what it costs in the UK. It also saves me from all the importing hassle, duties etc plus looks quite elegant compared to other designs and if it's at least as effective as others, I would snap it.

Any thoughts...?

Most RCMs are noisy and tend to run hot. Concerning the latter, the operating instructions will advise you to limit the number of records cleaned in a single session, so as to prevent overheating of the motor.

I am unfamiliar with Kuzma RCM, but do admire Kuzma products. I would say "buy with confidence". Let us know how you get on.

Regards

anubisgrau
23-03-2010, 11:38
Yes, meanwhile Franc Kuzma sent a mail confirming its noisy but efficient - needs only two rotations to do the job which he reckon to be better than less noisy (but still noisy) but needing more rotations and therefore longer contact between brushes and vinyl.

20 LPs maximum per session and 30 minutes pause. Sounds reasonable, not sure if I would ever have patience and time to do more in one go.

Anyway I'll buy it unless some other bargain occurs near me and report on it.

The Grand Wazoo
23-03-2010, 12:12
They're all pretty noisy.
20 lp's is a long session - you'll get bored or deaf before that!
I once spent a morning doing 47 (I think it was) on my Moth, and I had one break about halfway through - too much, much too much!
A long session for me now is about 7 or 8 albums.

Clive
23-03-2010, 18:09
If you don't mind paying a lot of money....which I expect you do....you can get a quiet RCM from Loricraft, I can even listen to music whilst cleaning my records.

anubisgrau
23-03-2010, 20:32
well, even these 450 euros (sans liquid) are on the edge of my budget....:)

Hypnotoad
24-03-2010, 03:33
The Spin Clean is silent.;)