PDA

View Full Version : Flmo Vintage Two Stroke Lawn Mowers

spendorman
12-05-2018, 12:12
I would be surprised if anyone can answer this question;

What spark plugs are the correct ones for these two models?

GL-47 https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=SwdPBggIv9I

520 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6YqCsE40Ms

I bought the 520 second hand about 40 years ago, it's been brilliant, only thing I've replaced is the petrol cap, the original split.

The GL-47 I was given about 25 years ago, not had as much use as the 520, and has needed no parts.

I thought I'd give them a treat with new spark plugs, I'm unsure that the ones in are the correct ones, as I got the machines second hand.

Just had a thought, I'll try contacting the poster of the youtube videos, see if they can help.

struth
12-05-2018, 13:18
Brisk JR19, Champion RJ19LM, NGK BR2LM and Bosch WR11E0, probably

spendorman
12-05-2018, 13:22
Brisk JR19, Champion RJ19LM, NGK BR2LM and Bosch WR11E0, probably

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did you know that? Amazing.

The one in the GL-47 is a RJ17LM

struth
12-05-2018, 13:50
Good guess.

spendorman
12-05-2018, 14:37
Good guess.

Brain the size of a universe

narabdela
12-05-2018, 15:00
Those early Flymos were brilliant. Dead simple and easy to maintain. Much better than the present models.

spendorman
12-05-2018, 15:04
Those early Flymos were brilliant. Dead simple and easy to maintain. Much better than the present models.

Never done much to them, just Petrol Two Stroke oil (ordinary engine oil when I've run out), occasionally clean out the air filters.

Even the blades are hard wearing, both original, thick and heavy, rarely need sharpening.

Beobloke
12-05-2018, 20:27

True. The last one I had was a rattly lump that was a real effort to use because it barely hovered.

On the other hand, when I was young, my father had one - it was so old, it was before they made them all orange - it was dark blue. It hovered so perfectly you could hold the handle between forefinger and thumb and guide it where you wanted it to go. It also didn’t have the ‘dead mans handle’ power switch of the current models, just a chunky on/off rocker, so it was easier on your hands and you could accidentally mow your feet if the urge took you.