PDA

View Full Version : Advice please ... downloading from You Tube

take5
02-05-2018, 07:02
My daughter wants to sing a song.

Its "Thinking out loud " by Ed Shearing.

There are many Backing/Karaoke Tracks on You Tube. They only cost 79p per track to download via I. Tunes.

The problem is that the version that suits her best doesnt seem available to buy.

This is it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHi18-i49rs

In the various replies/comments, permission is given for folks to use their track.

I dont know how to do this !!!

Ive had a look around google, and there is much info on downloading from You Tube. Problem is that there do seem to be lots of dodgy sites too.

Can anyone help me, by suggesting how best to do this.

Im looking for
1) a safe site
2) an "idiot proof" procedure. ( my computer skills are VERY basic )

It will be going on to an I. pad

Thanks ( in anticipation )

struth
02-05-2018, 07:13
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180502/37eeca8f4f908fe9e3ab77688160bf5c.jpg

Probably this

take5
02-05-2018, 07:19
grant, thanks.

im afraid I dont know what to do with your information.

It wont allow me to click/ go anywhere.

can you help a little more

Stryder5
02-05-2018, 07:25
I'm sure Grant will come along but looks like, download Apple Music , search for the track above, download .......done.

struth
02-05-2018, 07:48
I'm sure Grant will come along but looks like, download Apple Music , search for the track above, download .......done.

pretty much. i just put the title track and karaoke into safari and it gave a few including this from itunes. so just do that and download it from itunes. thats where my daughter and family gets some stuff at xmas. she has a machine... i keep well away.;)

take5
02-05-2018, 08:01
Grant, I think the one you link to is a different version to the one we want. ( these things matter when you are 16, and life depends on it )

The version we want doesnt appear to be available via I. Tunes, so really looking to side step I. Tunes and download direct from You Tube.

I know it can be done. I just need help as to how.

struth
02-05-2018, 08:10
it would be illegal to download a you tube video as it would need converting.. you can play it tho. not saying folk dont do it but its not going to be for the novice

jandl100
02-05-2018, 08:27
( these things matter when you are 16, and life depends on it )

Yep, teenagers, eh! No sense of perspective.

It's not like obsessing over sensible things like getting loudspeaker toe-in exactly right or adjusting VTA to the last zillionth of a degree. :lol:
___

Sorry I can't help with the YouTube problemo.

take5
02-05-2018, 08:29
Yep, teenagers, eh! No sense of perspective.

It's not like obsessing over sensible things like getting loudspeaker toe-in exactly right or adjusting VTA to the last zillionth of a degree. :lol:
___

Sorry I can't help with the YouTube problemo.

Jerry.... LOL

I hope you are well.

Minstrel SE
04-05-2018, 02:12
3.5mm jack or digital out to a minidisc deck :) Need you ask? I havent done that because it would be illegal. The sound quality on some YT videos is very good.

You find most of what you are after on i tunes or other sites to download properly. Check the source ask the video poster where it came from to consider copyright issues and permission.

Give to Ed by buying the albums and I cant see the harm in playing the you tube video you like...Just playing mind you or I will call the police :)

shane
04-05-2018, 05:59
This works, but I didn’t tell you that.

https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/mp3-converter

Took about 30second to download the sound from your link to my iPhone as an mp3 file.

Bigman80
04-05-2018, 06:25
Youtube downloader.