PDA

View Full Version : 2 Pin Din Loudspeaker Connectors

Rare Bird
21-03-2010, 00:33
Does anyone know a stockist for METAL Barrel 2 Pin Din speaker connectors.

Forget about RS they sell multiples, you end up paying a fortune in the end with all the postage lark they charge.

I could easily fit short captive flying speaker leads but wanna keep original state.Possibly Deltron or PREH are the manufacturers!!

DSJR
21-03-2010, 10:33
The standard plastic ones may actually be better Andre. We used to dispense with the outer shells anyway and used 79strand cable CAREFULLY soldered to the pins with insulating tape and/or heatshrink.

Rare Bird
21-03-2010, 14:21
The standard plastic ones may actually be better Andre. We used to dispense with the outer shells anyway and used 79strand cable CAREFULLY soldered to the pins with insulating tape and/or heatshrink.

Dave you such an untidy fellar..You wouldnt catch me doing bodgerooney like that

DSJR
21-03-2010, 15:00
Nothing bodgeroony about it guv'nor. What about your local radio/TV/B&O shop which has been going a few decades. They may have a service-parts bin with these sorts of things in. We had a wall of little drawers with all sorts of electrical goodies in. Don't know if they've been thrown out now though, as it's ten years since I last visited.

Rare Bird
21-03-2010, 15:06
Everywhere you go it's 'yes sir we have some but plastic shit will they be ok sir?'' people don't give two shits about quality these day, it pisses me off beyond belief.

O well i suppose i'll have to pay about £20 from RS for two plugs that cost £3

goraman
21-03-2010, 16:37
you could change the conection to normal binding posts at the speaker.

The Grand Wazoo
21-03-2010, 16:53
Sorry Andre, but what is the body there to do other than prevent shorts & hold the two metal parts firmly and in the right positions in relation to each other?

Why should it matter what it's made of?

Rare Bird
21-03-2010, 17:36
Sorry Andre, but what is the body there to do other than prevent shorts & hold the two metal parts firmly and in the right positions in relation to each other?

Why should it matter what it's made of?

Because metal is quality plastic is shit.

Goraman ive explained i could easity fix adaptors on a flying lead but it needs to be totally original down to the connector type.

Rare Bird
21-03-2010, 17:57
:D :lol::lol:

Can i start again for the English that understand english :lolsign:

Anyone know a stockist apart from RS that stock 2Pin Din METAL connectors..