PDA

View Full Version : Second time lucky....

Reid Malenfant
07-04-2018, 19:08
Hi emotional people :D
I know you are because you listen to music.....

Sorry, my last post on here got rejected, no idea why... Maybe I typed too much! Maybe I was too emotional....

Sorry I have been away for what might be 5 years :rolleyes: I'll do my best to be about from now on, but when I can fit everything in... My life is complex & busy & I never get enough done.... No matter how I try I'm always behind where I want to be :lol:

Glad this super forum is still going strong!

Kind regards,
Mark.

brian2957
07-04-2018, 19:12
Hello Mark , welcome back to AOS :) . Long time away . Looking forward to your input and your expertise again mate :)

Primalsea
07-04-2018, 19:40
Well there’s a re-introduction! I’m made of matter from exploded stars too. Who would have thought such a coincidence could happen. Where in north Cambs are you based?

Wakefield Turntables
07-04-2018, 19:45
Welcome back!

walpurgis
07-04-2018, 19:49
Hi Mark. Glad you're here :). Hope all is well with you.

Macca
07-04-2018, 19:52
Hi man.

Ali Tait
07-04-2018, 19:52
Hello mate, nice to see you around again, hope you are well.

Gazjam
07-04-2018, 20:18
Fuckin Hell Mark...(seriously) thought you had shuffled on...always happy to be wrong!
Don’t do that to Us...seriously!

Welcome Back happy your in the land of the living again! :)

Marco
07-04-2018, 22:08
Jeeez - Marky boy, how the devil are you? I hope you're as well as can be :)

You've seriously been missed, mate! :eek: :exactly:

BIG welcome back :grouphug: :yay:

Marco.

Barry
07-04-2018, 22:14
Welcome back Mark,

Have you at long last found a use for all that cable piled up in that 19" equipment rack of yours. :lol:

As everyone has said: you've been greatly missed - great to have you back again!

Barry

Spectral Morn
07-04-2018, 22:23
Welcome back Mark :)

Puffin
08-04-2018, 07:33
Welcome back Mark. Look forward to seeing you get stuck in again.

The Black Adder
08-04-2018, 13:17
Welcome back, Mark.

Great to see you back with us. :) You have been missed. :)

hornucopia
08-04-2018, 17:32
We are stardust? Not the only one who can 'channel' our inner Joni -or Yoni?
It's all vibrations.
You tell me about your country-there's really no such place for me.
The whole world is one big family.

Identify THAT.....

Roy S
08-04-2018, 17:47
Hello Mark

Reid Malenfant
08-04-2018, 18:16
Hi guys & girls (because I hope there are some :D), apologies for my absence...
I think it might have been the first time in my life I didn't have anything to add :)
For years now I guess I haven't exactly been stuck in any kind of rut, but I have been very happy with what I have kind of thing, I have had no reason to change anything...
I still get a massive buzz when I turn up the HiFi & find myself grinning & saying to myself that this is unbelievable :D
It's like that right now.... It's why I have been lazy in a way.
New music & hearing things that blow my mind & in a crazy way make me feel glad that I'm alive & can hear this!
In certain ways I guess I feel blessed :lol:
Nothing has really changed since I was last here, equipment wise... I'm still getting used to what I have & I'm very happy. However, I seem to be getting stuck in to doing things & right now I have a motorbike in my kitchen that is getting worked on... I aim to have a lot of fun on it later this year....
Once that is out of the way I'm going to build what I class as the "final speakers"... Ones that I won't replace because they'll make these ones I'm listening to sound anemic...
At times I listen to things loud... I have no idea what SPL loud is that I listen to, but I reckon 100DB+ to be very loud indeed & the grin factor of a HiFi is when you make it that loud & there is little if any distortion.
So I'm going to share this with you, when I build the new speakers :)
Because I know I'll never find the limit of what they can do :lol: I guess I'll keep on smiling....

Hope you're all well :) Not posted on any forum in years so it'll take time for me to get used to this again...
Enjoy the music!!!!
Mark.

walpurgis
08-04-2018, 18:32
As long as you're happy Mark. That's all that matters. :)

I'll be interested in your speaker project when you get stuck in.

Ali Tait
08-04-2018, 18:46
Look forward to the speaker build mate, be like old times. :-)

RichB
08-04-2018, 19:17
Hello again. Welcome back!

Marco
09-04-2018, 13:06
Was this just a quick 'hello' though, before another 'cheerio'? :hmm:

Hopefully not, but I've witnessed these rather disappointing 'false dawns' before from returning members, who haven't been around for a while... Come on matey, are you back or not? :ner:;)

Marco.

Audio Al
10-04-2018, 02:29
Blimey :eek: 5 years , it only seems like months ago , Bike in the kitchen ( Proper man stuff ) :D

jollyfix
10-04-2018, 05:19
Hi Mark, welcome back.

Marco
10-04-2018, 12:24
Was this just a quick 'hello' though, before another 'cheerio'? :hmm:

Hopefully not, but I've witnessed these rather disappointing 'false dawns' before from returning members, who haven't been around for a while... Come on matey, are you back or not? :ner:;)

Marco.

Ignore that, as I missed post #16!:doh:

Good stuff, Mark. We look forward to you updating us on your latest hi-fi (and any other) adventures:cool:

Marco.

Jac Hawk
10-04-2018, 16:24
Dude!!! ​nice to see you're not dead yet.

realysm42
26-04-2018, 12:15
Welcome back mate!