PDA

View Full Version : Analog Magik

Boyse6748
03-04-2018, 15:46
Sorry, it’s not an incorrect spelling, (but perhaps one word), but has anybody ever used the cartridge alignment software.

It’s very expensive but appears to do just about everything that eyes and ears can’t do to get the perfect alignment.

Any views.??

Or is it all smoking mirrors!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barry
03-04-2018, 20:13
I've not heard of it.

Software you say - how do you use it?

Boyse6748
03-04-2018, 20:41
Have a look on YouTube

It’s quite a revelation. (Need to view all the series).

It’s quite annoying really ..... but informative. On how to get it right.

Peter

Clive197
04-04-2018, 00:28
A link would be nice perhaps.

flapland
04-04-2018, 07:17
https://www.analogmagik.com

Not sure its for me at list price of US$700. It requires a software dongle which is so 20c.

Boyse6748
04-04-2018, 07:22
https://www.analogmagik.com

Not sure its for me at list price of US$700. It requires a software dongle which is so 20c.

Yes indeed, $700 is a stack load of money. Perhaps the only way to purchase would be a group of likeminded individuals.

Clive197
04-04-2018, 16:03
At over £600 you can count me out.

Yomanze
04-04-2018, 16:36
Pretty sure you’d be able to buy a cheap A/D converter and use something like Audacity to achieve pretty much the same thing...

dwhistance
04-04-2018, 18:12
I must admit I was interested enough to watch all of the videos this morning.

The idea of the product is quite appealing, albeit that I already have the Dr Feickert Adjust + for azimuth which I like so some of it would be unnecessary in my case. However the product blurb seemed too suggest that the remaining variables in cartridge/tonearm set up could also be dealt with in a similarly scientific and repeatable manner which would be great.

Unfortunately I was slightly put off when watching the videos as there was quite a bit of comment on how vibrations and noise could upset the results and even make it impossible to draw accurate conclusions in some instances - from memory setting VTA and VTF were instances where this was flagged as a particular problem. If this is really the case then, unless you have the best possible turntable supports and isolation, you could easily find yourself having spent a considerable sum of money for little real benefit.

I think this kind of product could become worthwhile in the future, perhaps even Analog Magik, however I suspect that the algorithm's that are used to separate the signal from the noise will need to be worked on a bit more before it is really useful to those of us with less than stellar set-ups. Sadly we are probably the people who need it most!

David Whistance

Cas
04-04-2018, 21:05
Just watched some of that, life's getting to short these days for all that, I just want to play my records.

paulf-2007
05-04-2018, 11:24
Just watched some of that, life's getting to short these days for all that, I just want to play my records.
+1