PDA

View Full Version : Please allow me to introduce myself...

REW
15-03-2010, 17:04
...sadly not a man of wealth, though a taste for music in the home from my hifi. My taste definitely exceeds my wealth which is a good thing really, as I enjoy the hifi journey, re-discovering favourite tracks with each change and new bit of kit. If I could afford to arrive, what would there be left to aspire to? I have been journeying for 40 years

Musically blues, rock, folk and much else. And for distraction, real ale and old motor bikes, though not at the same time :beer:

DSJR
15-03-2010, 17:25
Welcome - and please tell us more about yourself and the gear you use...

Barry
15-03-2010, 17:34
Welcome to AoS REW.

Do you have a first name we can call you by? - REW reminds me of a former hi fi shop in London! We like first names here - it makes for a friendlier forum.

Musically blues, rock, folk and much else. And for distraction, real ale and old motor bikes, though not at the same time

Nothing wrong with that; you should find yourself in good company here.

Can you tell us something of the equipment you use? We would be very interested to know.

Regards

REW
15-03-2010, 18:34
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I use the forum name "REW" everywhere solely due to a lack of imagination on my part, but among friends I am Ron.

My gear starts with a Michell Tecnodec with Roksan Nima and Denon DL160 feeding a Bill Beard P100 phono amp through a standard Linn interconnect. Amp is a Supernait, CD a Naim CD5i (first version) and speakers ProAc D15 floorstanders. This all works well in my small living room which has proved very difficult to get a good sound in - though I have ideas vis a vis vinyl replay...

I have a second study (aka bedroom) system assembled long ago: Linn Axis, Basic Plus, Shure M75ED, Nait 1, Linn Mk 1 Kans, Arcam Alpha CD and late Denon tuner - you can't beat proper analogue radio!

Barry
15-03-2010, 19:00
Welcome to the forum Ron.

Regards

Spectral Morn
15-03-2010, 19:27
Hi Ron

Welcome to AOS :)

Regards D S D L

Jonboy
15-03-2010, 21:51
Hello Ron and welcome, i see your a Beard user as well, i have a P100 power amp lurking

Marco
16-03-2010, 08:36
Hi Ron,

Welcome to AOS - get stuck in and enjoy yourself! :)

Marco.

Barry
16-03-2010, 14:24
Ron,

It has only just dawned on me that you made reference to the Stones 'Sympathy for the Devil'. Lord I'm getting old! :doh:

Back to the Victrola and my 78s!

Regards

DSJR
16-03-2010, 16:29
Axis with M75-ED??? ARE YOU MAD???????? :D

Themis
16-03-2010, 21:13
Welcome to the forums Ron. You'll need more taste than fortune here, believe me. :)

Alex_UK
17-03-2010, 09:11
Welcome Ron, enjoy AoS, I'm sure you will.

chris@panteg
17-03-2010, 11:46
Hi Ron

I like your system line up ' i recently heard the Supernait ' very impressed i was too, how are you getting on with the Nima arm ' i had one on a Radius a few years back ' liked it but it was damn fiddly and getting the azimuth right was frustrating foe me ! .

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
17-03-2010, 21:24
Hi Ron

Good to see someone from close by.
I have freinds from Spennymoor and Durham and worked for quite a while in Newton Aycliffe. Though I live in Redcar
Looks like you will have a fine soudning system there.
What do you listen to most? Vinyl or CD.
Have fun and enjoy it here

Andy - SDDW

Jac Hawk
07-03-2011, 22:41
Hi Ron good to see another Durham lad on the forum:cool: