PDA

View Full Version : FS:Paradise Phono stage

Forane12
26-03-2018, 20:32
For sale my beloved Paradise Phono.

The Phono and PSU enclosures are made from white Corian specifically for the Paradise, the design was copied from the Naim cases as I like them very much. The great thing about Corian is that it weighs a lot, looks beautiful and special glues are used to bond the panels so the enclosure looks seamless. Boards are assembled on U shaped steel frames with laser engraved steel back plates.

The fronts panels are natural oak with a light coat of lacquer, two tiny holes on the PSU front panel to indicate when on.

The Paradise boards were Joachim Gerhard's own, they were partially completed and were sent to Simon (aka sq225917) to complete, assemble and test since I believe there is no better than him. When the effort is to create one of the best phono amps around the execution is really important and you just need to look at the pictures and you will know that Simon's attention to detail is the greatest compliment to the design, his hands and knowledge of the circuit are the best. Tightest possible tolerances to the parts, quality parts throughout. Wiring was done by a local friend who used his best OCC wire.

Currently the boards are configured for my AMG Teatro but I guess could be adapted.

Looking for 1200£ shipped anywhere on the planet, Paypal included. Happy to answer all questions I can.

Forane12
26-03-2018, 20:33
A picture inside of the PSU as well.

Macca
26-03-2018, 20:36
Hi Nikola.

Please would you amend your profile to show the city or region where you live? You have 'Europe' which is just too general. This is a requirement. I don't want to have to remove your ad, especially as you are selling one of the best phono stages I have ever heard at any price.

Forane12
26-03-2018, 21:04
Thanks a lot! I hope it now looks OK. When I was registering I did not expect to write anything, let alone post adds and reviews... :)

Macca
26-03-2018, 21:14
Thanks man, and good luck with the sale.

Wakefield Turntables
26-03-2018, 21:15
Rare chance to buy one of the best phonostages which outperforms £10K jobbies.

Bigman80
26-03-2018, 21:15
Oh man. Timing is all wrong. GLWS.

sq225917
26-03-2018, 22:59
Cracking phono this, all 1% matched parts. I'm happy to support the future owner should they require it at any point.

YNWaN
27-03-2018, 05:38
Doesn’t have the Calvin output buffers fitted though?

Wakefield Turntables
27-03-2018, 07:28
Doesn’t have the Calvin output buffers fitted though?

Perhaps a future upgrade for latest buyer?

Forane12
27-03-2018, 12:48
Thanks guys, your kind words are appreciated, indeed.

And dear sq225917, when I spoke with Joachim his words were that you are the one who has built his personal set for reference to other phono preamps and he compared your work to a Japanese cartridge maker, he is a guy who has seen it all and heard it all and u am truly grateful that you helped me with this piece. Could you please have a look at the wiring which was done by a local friend who is great at solediring and used very good wire but it is important to be double checked.

The Calvin buffer is indeed something that is not there. Joachim said that in my particular setup it would not make that of a difference, if Simon could help with that I am ready to get buy/pay for a set of these should the buyer ask for it.

I have someone who sent me a PM a few minutes after the ad and I will be happy to sell it and let it find a good home. I am not a trader, I am the same as you and I have paid for audio gear and been both happy and disappointed, I am trying to be as honest as possible, music is beautiful and everything about it should.only bring joy.

Thanks again guys!

sq225917
27-03-2018, 19:48
Nikola, the wiring looks perfectly functional. Calvins aren't a necessity. Nice if you are driving longer cables or a tougher input load on a pre-amp but for most people they are just window dressing.

Nice to hear that Joachim rates the work I did on his building his personal reference phonostage. I don't think I've ever checked and double checked component matching values and circuit operating points quite so many times.

;-)

Forane12
28-03-2018, 19:48
The Paradise is now sold, thanks to all the people that were interested!

YNWaN
28-03-2018, 20:25
Someone has bagged a real bargain here.

Mickyricky
28-03-2018, 20:41
I agree ! Paradises are one super duper phono stage ...Glad I got mine when I did...

mayebaza
28-03-2018, 22:10
Congrats to the purchaser