PDA

View Full Version : Peter Daniels audiosector nos DAC

diceman
25-03-2018, 13:14
Lovely analogue sounding non over sampling (nos) dac.

This one is the top model incorporating the black gate & Elma caps and the better rca sockets.

16 bit only so not suitable for hd audio. 1 off bnc coax digital input. Mounted on a beech block board with isolating feet. Requires a case to be “safe” from prying fingers.

Very highly regarded dac this so have a search for it to see people’s thoughts.

Dimensions (on wood board)
220mm long x 75mm w x 78mm h

I’d like £185 delivered which is less than they typically sell for (for the top model like this)

http://i64.tinypic.com/2rz781e.jpg

rigger67
25-03-2018, 13:26
Good pen, that - world's best-selling gel ink :)

Sherwood
25-03-2018, 14:09
I bought a Patek v2 "chip amp" from Peter Daniels several years back. Because I was in Canada for a limited time Peter made up an amp and power supply on very short notice and was then kind enough to demo the completed amp at his home before handing it over. I cannot overstate the quality of work. if I recall correctly, he worked in the aerospace industry and has top level fabrication skills alongside his electronics expertise. I still have the Patek v2 though it has been in the cupboard since shifting to Maggie 1.7's.

Geoff

diceman
25-03-2018, 14:36
Good pen, that - world's best-selling gel ink :)

Lol, it was added to give an idea on scale, for most of my automotive based posts on other forums I use an Ng spark plug :-)

diceman
25-03-2018, 14:37
I bought a Patek v2 "chip amp" from Peter Daniels several years back. Because I was in Canada for a limited time Peter made up an amp and power supply on very short notice and was then kind enough to demo the completed amp at his home before handing it over. I cannot overstate the quality of work. if I recall correctly, he worked in the aerospace industry and has top level fabrication skills alongside his electronics expertise. I still have the Patek v2 though it has been in the cupboard since shifting to Maggie 1.7's.

Geoff

He seems to work on the KISS principle and concentrates on the bits that matter.

Sherwood
25-03-2018, 14:50
This is the Patek v2

http://www.audiosector.com/chassis_patek2_amp.shtml

Geoff

lordmortlock
25-03-2018, 16:46

Geoff

I’ve been using one here and absolutely love it. Wonderful sound, SS but manages to ape that holographic inner light thing that good valve amps do.

Sherwood
25-03-2018, 17:03
I’ve been using one here and absolutely love it. Wonderful sound, SS but manages to ape that holographic inner light thing that good valve amps do.

It's an incredible sound, not least because how few bits go to make it up.

I actually bought one of the Patek kits at the same time (i.e. boards and components) but never got around to putting it together. If I can find it I may put it up for sale as I can't see myself getting around to putting it together.

Geoff

diceman
27-03-2018, 08:00
bump

diceman
29-03-2018, 17:18
Easter bump.

diceman
06-04-2018, 07:06
Price reduction for a great dac £175 delivered.

diceman
14-04-2018, 19:34
Any interest?

diceman
15-04-2018, 16:22
Sold

Yomanze
16-04-2018, 12:27
Ah, my old DAC, very natural sounding, makes digital sound like analogue - no mean feat!