PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Wenlocksteve
25-03-2018, 09:26
Hello everyone,

Until the last few years I've been without a Hifi system, well, since the late seventies.

Building a system ready for a home move; Naim 500/552/NDS/Michell Gyro SeDuction/SME V/DV XX2 MK2/DV P75Mk3

Looking to add a Reel to Reel, to satisfy two ends;

Firstly, thinking of Cool looking piece, perhaps a favourite would be a Akai GX747 DBX in Black or Teac X1000r /X2000r /Pioneer RT909
Also a two track, 15IPS machine for sound quality, say Revox PR99 mk2 or B77

All advice and thoughts gladly received, I've never owned a Reel to reel, just researched, read reviews, tapeheads etc.

I've a broad musical taste, probably not untypical, including;
Folk and country, Gillian Welch and the fabulous David Rawlings, Patty Griffin, B Dylan, Seasick Steve, Joni Mitchell, Courtney Marie Andrews, 60's and 70's rock and prog, yes, Led Zep, PF, John Mayall, Neil Young, CSN, Hendrix, Who, Fleet Foxes Blues, Buddy Guy, Junior Wells, Muddy Waters, Jazz, Miles Davis, Curtis Amy, Cannonball Adderley, etc etc

Thank you for reading
Steve

walpurgis
26-03-2018, 07:00
Hi Steve. Welcome to AOS.

Lots of Reel 2 Reel fans here, so you'll get plenty of opinions if you're after advice.

That looks a nice system you're getting together there.

Feel free to join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

brian2957
26-03-2018, 07:08
Welcome to AOS Steve . TBH I really know nothing about Reel to Reel but the two I've heard in the last few years have sounded absolutely stunning . Looks like you're putting together a very nice system . You will get great advice from the members here :)

Wenlocksteve
26-03-2018, 08:26
Hi Steve. Welcome to AOS.

Lots of Reel 2 Reel fans here, so you'll get plenty of opinions if you're after advice.

That looks a nice system you're getting together there.

Feel free to join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Thank you Geoff

Wenlocksteve
26-03-2018, 08:28
Thank you very much Brian,
Kind regards
Steve

walpurgis
26-03-2018, 08:31
Thank you Geoff

You are welcome Steve. Lots of friendly folk here and plenty to chat about. The banter can be silly or serious, as you've probably noticed. Just join in!

Wenlocksteve
26-03-2018, 15:58
You are welcome Steve. Lots of friendly folk here and plenty to chat about. The banter can be silly or serious, as you've probably noticed. Just join in!

Thanks Geoff, I'd benefit from the forums expertese and views on products for sure.
Cheers
Steve

Barry
01-04-2018, 23:21
Welcome to AoS Steve.

Love your tastes in music.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry