PDA

View Full Version : Sabbath gig The End on Sky tonight

mikeyb
18-03-2018, 19:02
Sky arts are showing Sabbaths farewell gig "The End" on tonight at 9pm.

nuff
18-03-2018, 20:16
Just set the box to record. Thanks Mike!!

mikeyb
18-03-2018, 21:02
Just set the box to record. Thanks Mike!!Unfortunately I can't so I'll have to wait on a repeat

nuff
18-03-2018, 21:51
Unfortunately I can't so I'll have to wait on a repeat

That's a shame. I've decided to watch it now, not sure how long I'll watch for as its over 2 hours with and I've an early start in the morning :rolleyes:

Ninanina
19-03-2018, 18:02
Thanks Mike recorded and watched it and loved it... like going back to the 70's. I thought Ozzy was great even though he's nearly 70 ;)

mikeyb
19-03-2018, 18:15
Thanks Mike recorded and watched it and loved it... like going back to the 70's. I thought Ozzy was great even though he's nearly 70 ;)I thought when we saw them in Glasgow they were superb, as good a sound as I've heard at any gig and the SEC Hydro isn't noted for sound quality [emoji6]

Outstanding, it's the only time I've seen them live and I think they were as good that night as they would have been in the 70's

Zoidburg
21-03-2018, 11:20
I was actually at that very last Sabbath gig, went as part of a group of 8 mates for ones 40th birthday and I can honestly say it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. I'd only seen them once before about 2 years previously so I was hoping it was good but it exceeded my expectations. The atmosphere in the venue, the sound, the performance they gave and the strength of the back catalogue combined with a few pints and some very potent herbal remedies made for a night I look back on still in slight wonder :)