PDA

View Full Version : Annihilation

Covenant
17-03-2018, 19:15
I love a good SF film so was really looking forward to annihilation, it got a good rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
It is possibly the worst SF film I have seen. The story is basic, the acting crap, its badly edited and the ending just made me groan. Nothing happens for the first hour, then there are a few frights followed by a stupid scene at a lighthouse.
Its on Netfix now-don't bother..

User211
17-03-2018, 20:08
You should check out Anti-Social with Prince Harry's babe Meghan Markle in it instead.

Ian7633
17-03-2018, 20:12
I totally agree, I wasted nearly 2 hours watching this utter pile of crap. 0.5 for effort

mightymonoped
17-03-2018, 21:16
I love a good SF film so was really looking forward to annihilation, it got a good rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
It is possibly the worst SF film I have seen. The story is basic, the acting crap, its badly edited and the ending just made me groan. Nothing happens for the first hour, then there are a few frights followed by a stupid scene at a lighthouse.

I did bother and I’m glad I did as I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Find myself disagreeing with pretty much everything you say in this post.

Guess it would be a dull old world if we all had the same tastes eh? [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatmarley
10-07-2018, 11:09
Thought it was going to be good after reading the reviews but came away disappointed.

Smoking Joe
10-07-2018, 11:44
I watched it a while back and I enjoyed it. I thought that it was good but missed the mark of being great. You would definitely need to be in the mood for it as it is slow and moody. But I thought that it was very good. A good "thinker" of a film. Acting seemed fine to me?

the little audio company
17-09-2018, 00:32
The only thing I didn’t like about this film was the compressed audio when things should’ve gotten dynamic.

I quite liked the film. Sure, it’ll never be “great”, but it’s nice to see someone doing something different. I read on another forum that the film was riddled with rip off ideas from other films, but not once during the film did any other film spring to my mind that it reminded me of, not even one scene.

I don’t mind slow burners as they feel more naturally paced, so this was right up my street, and as with all the films I watch, I stay away from reviews and watch as little of the trailers as I can. I find any preconceptions of a film based on positive feedback tends to build expectations too much, ultimately ending in disappointment. Expect nothing and you’ll be surprised as to just how many more films you enjoy watching!

If I recall correctly, I rated it 7.5 out of 10. I could do with watching it again actually as it’s been a while. I watched it twice within the first few weeks of it appearing on Netflix.

Svend N
17-09-2018, 03:09

Reading this, you could be describing The Hateful Eight. Different genre (western vs sc-fi), but otherwise it could be the same flick. Utter boredom for the first hour, followed by over-exaggerated blood and guts violence for the next hour. One of the worst films I've ever seen. Inexplicable how the critics could have praised it, other than the name Tarantino as director.