PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Yamaha CA-1010 Amplifier Front Panel

Burner
09-03-2018, 12:07
As mentioned in the thread title:

I am looking for a Front Panel for Yamaha CA-1010 Amplifier in Mint/Very Good Condition.

No need for knobs, switches, meters etc. Just a front panel - mine have some scratches and I would like to replace it.

If anyone have it or have any suggestions as to where I can obtain one, please reply here, or PM.

Thank you!

Burner
06-06-2018, 00:14
Bump...

Burner
12-06-2018, 17:23
Bump

Burner
09-07-2018, 01:04
Anyone?

karma67
09-07-2018, 04:33
There’s one on pfm being sold by whaleblue

mikeyb
09-07-2018, 10:24
There’s one on pfm being sold by whaleblueThat's a complete amp [emoji6]

vintagesteve
09-07-2018, 12:29
I hate to be a Joab's comforter here but the chances of getting a good condition front panel (only) are quite remote. Saying that, if I was in your position I'd be doing exactly the same. Have you tried the American vintage hifi forums? Also the many US based vintage hifi spares people? Similarly the other UK hifi forums. One way would be to rub down the front panel to a good smooth finish, spray with Dupli-color Eloxal (anodised) paint, and get it re-silk screened. You'd obviously have to photograph the legends first to a high standard to enable someone to make the silk screen. I have used that Eloxal paint and it is excellent. But to perform that refinish is of course and long and costly process in itself, better to find a used one if possible. You may have to bite the bullet and buy another complete amp, pick the best bits and then sell the second one as a working amp. I've done that before now and not lost a lot of money.

https://www.motipdupli.com/en/INT/products/dupli-color/decoration/special/ipg-1053/tm-1053.html

karma67
09-07-2018, 15:43
That's a complete amp [emoji6]

ah sorry i was still half asleep. :)

Burner
09-07-2018, 20:27
Thank you all for your replies. The amp is in overall excellent condition and all the components inside are mint. I had it checked, cleaned etc by a technician and it works great.

I keep an eye on another amp like this but as some of you suggested I have posted messages on many forums worldwide that I am visiting regularly, perhaps someone will have the face plate for it one day.

If everything else fail I will consider the refinish of a front panel as Steve suggested.